★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

2XL ATV Offroad (gameplay trailer)

09-18-2009, 02:27 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
2XL ATV Offroad (gameplay trailer)

http://appgamer.net/news/2009/sep/18...l-atv-offroad/

Quote:
2XL Games' last title, 2XL Supercross, was a fantastic racer, highly deserving the 8/10 we awarded it back in April. The most noticeable feature of the game were the incredible graphics which have only since been surpassed by a handful of titles. Now 2XL Games are back and ready to unveil their next racer which this time has you bombing it around dirt tracks on ATVs.
"Featuring console quality graphics, multiple gameplay modes, extensive customization options and a variety of stunts and tricks, 2XL ATV Offroad promises to set a new standard for high-quality iPhone gaming."
We understand that the game is due to be released this month so racing fans don't have long to wait. Without further spiel, here is the gameplay trailer. Enjoy...

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by salsamd; 09-24-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: hq allows full screen mode
09-18-2009, 02:56 PM
The trees seem kinda funny, like you see the same side of it no matter which way you look at it

09-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Im sure I'll get flamed but dont care one bit either, but I'll prob skip this one they devs had said they planned on updating their other game when it first came out, looking into adding a career mode and all and simply did not bother. They had almost convinced me after that to buy it but I figured I'd wait for an actual update, glad I waited! Played the lite and while fun would get very old very quick without a career mode.

After there first reply it had sounded like they were just going to be working on another game yet they told me personally they were very much interested and wanted to update the game and did not. And sure enough with no updates and now a new game.

Dont see mention of one but hopefully multiple game modes mean a Career mode at least. Still wary of these guys though. You'd think at 8 bucks a pop and being in the top 100 for quite awhile they made enough to support a update or two with the last game.

Last edited by Scott30; 09-18-2009 at 03:06 PM.
09-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott30 View Post
You'd think at 8 bucks a pop and being in the top 100 for quite awhile they made enough to support a update or two with the last game.
Yeah wow a WHOLE 8 bucks, that's like a whole sandwich and drink at Subway or something, I feel for your pain man...
09-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Yeah wow a WHOLE 8 bucks, that's like a whole sandwich and drink at Subway or something, I feel for your pain man...
lol again this is exactly what ppl said before when the game was released I could careless about buying a 8 dollar game have bought many before, not my point, but when devs lie to you and a game lacks alot of depth without a career mode = pass
09-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to diabolus
Ist just a clone of Dirt Moto Racing we already have in AppStore..

instagram.com/freezelighter
09-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Quote:
lol again this is exactly what ppl said before when the game was released I could careless about buying a 8 dollar game have bought many before, not my point, but when devs lie to you and a game lacks alot of depth without a career mode = pass
Okay I got you I'll bring up the other thread then.
09-18-2009, 03:22 PM
probably gonna have to see reviews on how it compares to dirt moto first but it looks good nonetheless

Hook Champ + Super Mega Worm + Zombie Highway = <3
09-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolus View Post
Ist just a clone of Dirt Moto Racing we already have in AppStore..
How is it a clone of Dirt Moto Racing?
Surely it's ok for more than one game to exist in each genre.
Looks better than Dirt Moto Racing.
The graphics look amazing. Definately past PSP level, from what I can see. Looks almost like PS3 graphics!

I just want a track racing bike sim (i.e - MotoGP or SBK) game from 2XL.

Hakuna Matata
09-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Okay I got you I'll bring up the other thread then.
Okay so Im bored at work and figured I'd check that thread too pretty much how I remembered it...heres a copy/paste of some comments I had with them and them with me...

Originally Posted by ronronmx View Post

If you have any question about the game, don't hesitate to ask! Any criticism is welcome as well, good or bad. We want to know what you like as well as what you dislike about it, to make our next titles better and better.

Thanks!

Quote:

Is it just me reading too much into things or does this imply you wont be updating this game at all?

Originally Posted by ronronmx View Post

No not at all, we are planing on supporting this game 100% with updates and bug fixes, to make it better for everyone. What, when and how I do not know yet, but for example adding a career mode would be a great place to start
We also are planing on making other racing games, and thats what I was talking about.