Looking for an action rpg

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Timisone, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Timisone

Timisone Member

Apr 28, 2011
    That's has multiple classes. One with a thief would be great.

2. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    #2 Kenan2000, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    Tbh,there are many awesome action rpgs,normal rpgs out there in the appstore,both freemium,but with a rather nice freemium model (DO NOT LOOK FOR OR PLAY DUNGEON HUNTER 5) like taichi panda,but it is more of a MMO game plus it has energy bars but there are plenty of other freemium/premium action rpgs.

Daggervale,WazHack (despite not being a full action rpg,WazHack is one of the best rpgs that I have EVER played on ios,developer is currently opening the beta for the newest,big update),Mission Europa or Necromancer rising by Banshee Soft (Mission Europa is currently not out cause launching it on ios 8.3 activates a game-breaking bug,developer is currently working on Mission Europa 2 which is gonna be 10000x much better,probably even better than bioshock and he's also working on fixing the game-breaking bug)

Most of the Foursaken's games,especially Bug Heroes 1,Bug Heroes 2,Heroes & Castles 1 (Heroes & Castles 2 is coming out in May 14!).

Aralon - sword and shadow (It is not a complete action rpg but it is also amazing,Aralon Forge and Flame should come out soon)

Battleheart Legacy (awesome,nothing else to say,it is not really an action rpg either but you'll have a blast with it)

Of course,Terraria (One of the best action rpgs that I ever played,it is super fun,has a lot of content,constant updates)

Kingsroad (Amazing,really amazing,it is a great freemium action rpg with a great freemium model that everybody likes,much better than Dungeon Sh#t 5)

Mage and minions.

Zenonia series.

Shadow sun.

Mhfu.

Blackmoor.

There are way too many good rpgs to list.

There is also The Quest with all of it's expansions but it is more of a turn based game,but it is a great premium experience,but anyway,I'm done for now lol.

I thank God and honest developers for making and releasing so many good premium action rpgs,for me as long as there is a bow/crossbow and the magic,i won't need guns in games lol.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #3 Exact-Psience, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    Uh... There are no thieves in MHFU. Only Hunters ;)

My picks:

Wayward Souls (no thief, but there's a rogue ;))
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Battleheart Legacy
    Heroes & Castles 1 (and the upcoming 2, on May 14th, mark your calendar!)

4. Timisone

Timisone Member

Apr 28, 2011
    I have battleheart legacy, Is Knights of the Old Republic action rpg? Heros and castles looks good.

5. Timisone

Timisone Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Was looking at wazhack, but say perm death, how does that work?

6. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    Yes but there are dual swords,so that should do the trick :)

7. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    Permadeath...well...basically,as soon as you die you have to start from the beginning with your noob items,but overall it is a great game with tons of content but full game with 2 characters worth like 1$ I think.

Let me recall all the characters : Knight/Valkyrie,Hunter/Huntress (they use bows),Mage/White witch (use light/life magic),Sorcerer/Sorceress (use dark/death magic),Rogue/Thief,Barbarian/Vandal,Druid/Druidess (use unique abilities that nobody else can use),Bard/Female bard (mesmerize enemies and make them fight on their side) (forgot the name)

I'll be willing to help you with guides and etc if you're going to,play it.

KOTOR is not really an action rpg where you can dodge and parry and etc,it is more like aralon but even more awesome,it has a deep customization system,unique environments,many types of weapons,dialogue system that can significally change the ending,your choices actually matter in the game.

8. Timisone

Timisone Member

Apr 28, 2011
    I might try wazhack, how high is the difficulty level? Kotor is it the same as the one on xbox? I did play the one on xbox.

9. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    Well...everything in wazhack (most of the times) is random,you can get a +3 blessed scroll of enchant armor that greatly increases your defense or kill yourself by an accident with the cursed scroll of fire.

There is a wiki page and an official forum of wazhack,wiki will spoil most of the stuff,the difficulty and frustration is pretty high but not until you'll figure out what to do and what NOT to do,I have beaten the game on various characters plenty of times already.

And yes,Xbox KOTOR is the same as the ios kotor.

10. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
  11. deano13

deano13 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    Is daggervale like KingsRoad? Where you can team up etc?

12. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    No,it's more like wazhack but it is endless.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Dual swords mean thief now? o_O

14. deano13

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    I wish someone would make a game like KingsRoad :(

15. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    Not really but in most of the rpg games thief/rogue/assassin uses dual daggers or dual shortswords,so :)

16. deano13

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    If only Diablo would come to iOS :(

17. deano13

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    What's wrong with dungeon hunter 5? Why the negative reviews?

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Heavily freemium. Dungeon Hunter 1 and 2 were superb. Premium games, both were superb.

Dungeon Hunter 4 and 5 to me are the same, pay to win.

Dungeon Quest to me is a brilliant game, thats freemium but freemium done well. Very very light. So light i bought an IAP to give some money back to the devs. Great hack n slash game

19. JayZX

JayZX Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Writer
    Secret
    Raven with Naver is good if you know Korean language

20. deano13

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    Is dungeon quest MMO style? Can you play with friends and party up etc?