★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Looking for an action rpg

04-24-2015, 01:55 PM
#1
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 7
Looking for an action rpg

That's has multiple classes. One with a thief would be great.
04-24-2015, 03:55 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 810
Tbh,there are many awesome action rpgs,normal rpgs out there in the appstore,both freemium,but with a rather nice freemium model (DO NOT LOOK FOR OR PLAY DUNGEON HUNTER 5) like taichi panda,but it is more of a MMO game plus it has energy bars but there are plenty of other freemium/premium action rpgs.

Daggervale,WazHack (despite not being a full action rpg,WazHack is one of the best rpgs that I have EVER played on ios,developer is currently opening the beta for the newest,big update),Mission Europa or Necromancer rising by Banshee Soft (Mission Europa is currently not out cause launching it on ios 8.3 activates a game-breaking bug,developer is currently working on Mission Europa 2 which is gonna be 10000x much better,probably even better than bioshock and he's also working on fixing the game-breaking bug)

Most of the Foursaken's games,especially Bug Heroes 1,Bug Heroes 2,Heroes & Castles 1 (Heroes & Castles 2 is coming out in May 14!).

Aralon - sword and shadow (It is not a complete action rpg but it is also amazing,Aralon Forge and Flame should come out soon)

Battleheart Legacy (awesome,nothing else to say,it is not really an action rpg either but you'll have a blast with it)

Of course,Terraria (One of the best action rpgs that I ever played,it is super fun,has a lot of content,constant updates)

Kingsroad (Amazing,really amazing,it is a great freemium action rpg with a great freemium model that everybody likes,much better than Dungeon Sh#t 5)

Mage and minions.

Zenonia series.

Shadow sun.

Mhfu.

Blackmoor.

There are way too many good rpgs to list.

There is also The Quest with all of it's expansions but it is more of a turn based game,but it is a great premium experience,but anyway,I'm done for now lol.

I thank God and honest developers for making and releasing so many good premium action rpgs,for me as long as there is a bow/crossbow and the magic,i won't need guns in games lol.

Last edited by Kenan2000; 04-24-2015 at 04:10 PM.

04-24-2015, 04:28 PM
#3
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,206
Uh... There are no thieves in MHFU. Only Hunters

My picks:

Wayward Souls (no thief, but there's a rogue )
Knights of the Old Republic
Battleheart Legacy
Heroes & Castles 1 (and the upcoming 2, on May 14th, mark your calendar!)

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 04-24-2015 at 04:36 PM.
04-24-2015, 05:34 PM
#4
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Uh... There are no thieves in MHFU. Only Hunters

My picks:

Wayward Souls (no thief, but there's a rogue )
Knights of the Old Republic
Battleheart Legacy
Heroes & Castles 1 (and the upcoming 2, on May 14th, mark your calendar!)
I have battleheart legacy, Is Knights of the Old Republic action rpg? Heros and castles looks good.
04-24-2015, 05:35 PM
#5
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenan2000 View Post
Tbh,there are many awesome action rpgs,normal rpgs out there in the appstore,both freemium,but with a rather nice freemium model (DO NOT LOOK FOR OR PLAY DUNGEON HUNTER 5) like taichi panda,but it is more of a MMO game plus it has energy bars but there are plenty of other freemium/premium action rpgs.

Daggervale,WazHack (despite not being a full action rpg,WazHack is one of the best rpgs that I have EVER played on ios,developer is currently opening the beta for the newest,big update),Mission Europa or Necromancer rising by Banshee Soft (Mission Europa is currently not out cause launching it on ios 8.3 activates a game-breaking bug,developer is currently working on Mission Europa 2 which is gonna be 10000x much better,probably even better than bioshock and he's also working on fixing the game-breaking bug)

Most of the Foursaken's games,especially Bug Heroes 1,Bug Heroes 2,Heroes & Castles 1 (Heroes & Castles 2 is coming out in May 14!).

Aralon - sword and shadow (It is not a complete action rpg but it is also amazing,Aralon Forge and Flame should come out soon)

Battleheart Legacy (awesome,nothing else to say,it is not really an action rpg either but you'll have a blast with it)

Of course,Terraria (One of the best action rpgs that I ever played,it is super fun,has a lot of content,constant updates)

Kingsroad (Amazing,really amazing,it is a great freemium action rpg with a great freemium model that everybody likes,much better than Dungeon Sh#t 5)

Mage and minions.

Zenonia series.

Shadow sun.

Mhfu.

Blackmoor.

There are way too many good rpgs to list.

There is also The Quest with all of it's expansions but it is more of a turn based game,but it is a great premium experience,but anyway,I'm done for now lol.

I thank God and honest developers for making and releasing so many good premium action rpgs,for me as long as there is a bow/crossbow and the magic,i won't need guns in games lol.
Was looking at wazhack, but say perm death, how does that work?
04-24-2015, 05:41 PM
#6
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Uh... There are no thieves in MHFU. Only Hunters
Yes but there are dual swords,so that should do the trick
04-24-2015, 05:50 PM
#7
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timisone View Post
Was looking at wazhack, but say perm death, how does that work?
Permadeath...well...basically,as soon as you die you have to start from the beginning with your noob items,but overall it is a great game with tons of content but full game with 2 characters worth like 1$ I think.

Let me recall all the characters : Knight/Valkyrie,Hunter/Huntress (they use bows),Mage/White witch (use light/life magic),Sorcerer/Sorceress (use dark/death magic),Rogue/Thief,Barbarian/Vandal,Druid/Druidess (use unique abilities that nobody else can use),Bard/Female bard (mesmerize enemies and make them fight on their side) (forgot the name)

I'll be willing to help you with guides and etc if you're going to,play it.


KOTOR is not really an action rpg where you can dodge and parry and etc,it is more like aralon but even more awesome,it has a deep customization system,unique environments,many types of weapons,dialogue system that can significally change the ending,your choices actually matter in the game.
04-25-2015, 09:20 AM
#8
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenan2000 View Post
Permadeath...well...basically,as soon as you die you have to start from the beginning with your noob items,but overall it is a great game with tons of content but full game with 2 characters worth like 1$ I think.

Let me recall all the characters : Knight/Valkyrie,Hunter/Huntress (they use bows),Mage/White witch (use light/life magic),Sorcerer/Sorceress (use dark/death magic),Rogue/Thief,Barbarian/Vandal,Druid/Druidess (use unique abilities that nobody else can use),Bard/Female bard (mesmerize enemies and make them fight on their side) (forgot the name)

I'll be willing to help you with guides and etc if you're going to,play it.


KOTOR is not really an action rpg where you can dodge and parry and etc,it is more like aralon but even more awesome,it has a deep customization system,unique environments,many types of weapons,dialogue system that can significally change the ending,your choices actually matter in the game.
I might try wazhack, how high is the difficulty level? Kotor is it the same as the one on xbox? I did play the one on xbox.
04-25-2015, 10:30 AM
#9
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timisone View Post
I might try wazhack, how high is the difficulty level? Kotor is it the same as the one on xbox? I did play the one on xbox.
Well...everything in wazhack (most of the times) is random,you can get a +3 blessed scroll of enchant armor that greatly increases your defense or kill yourself by an accident with the cursed scroll of fire.

There is a wiki page and an official forum of wazhack,wiki will spoil most of the stuff,the difficulty and frustration is pretty high but not until you'll figure out what to do and what NOT to do,I have beaten the game on various characters plenty of times already.

And yes,Xbox KOTOR is the same as the ios kotor.
04-25-2015, 11:32 AM
#10
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,192
Implosion