★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Classic 16-bit action RPG using a whole family of adventurers. Traverse massive dungeons, collect tools, and fight devious monsters!

Journey through a massive dungeon of hundreds of rooms and exotic warp locations over the mountains and under the seas. Collect unique weaponry and gadgets to outsmart monster swarms and solve formidable puzzles in this retro action RPG.

******* HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS *******
Game optimized for iPad 4 and above. In the Settings on the title screen, you can change the Sfx to 'All' for better sound effects. If you experience slowdown or loading problems in this mode, we recommend that you change the Sfx setting back to 'Minimum' to improve gameplay speed.

******* REVIEW *******
Want to learn more about the game before playing? Head to Touch Arcade to read an honest and comprehensive review:
http://toucharcade.com/2015/05/08/destiny-emerald-for-ipad/

******* FEATURES *******
* Gameplay inspired by 80s NES action RPGs such as the Legend of Zelda.

* Play as 4 different family members: Warrior, Mage, Rogue, and Swordsboy, each with unique attacks and abilities.

* Find the Five Shards of the Destiny Emerald within a massive dungeon with hundreds of rooms!

* Dozens of monsters each with distinct attacks and movement patterns. Can you outsmart them all?

* Break blocks, bomb walls, freeze water, and burn down concealing shubbery to uncover lots of secrets and treasures!

* Depending on your preference, you can use the original Free 360 swipe controls or a Direction Pad to control your heroes.

The puzzles will be challenging. The monsters will be devious. The game will be fun. It is a game thats everything youve loved about the classic action RPGs. Plus, you get to control 4 different family members each with unique abilities and tactics.

******* SUPPORT *******
* For updates and news, follow us:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WatermarkRPG
Facebook: https://facebook.com/watermarkrpg

* Stuck? See the mini strategy guide for tips and hints:
http://www.watermarkrpg.com/darkslay-family-destiny-emerald-strategy-guide.html
04-28-2015, 09:36 AM
Happy RPG day everyone!

Seriously though, I'm going to be broke before Wednesday even begins :/

04-28-2015, 10:04 AM
Is there a trial somewhere? I love RPG's but paying money without knowing anything about the actual game or developer firsthand..
04-28-2015, 11:21 AM
Woah... The RPGs releasing today...

Too bad i can only buy a max of 2 if i really want to. Now this is making this week's picks difficult for me.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-28-2015, 11:23 AM
Why is this iPad only I bet my 6 plus would be fine.
04-28-2015, 11:30 AM
So... This is more realtime and zelda-like?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-28-2015, 12:21 PM
Any impressions?
04-28-2015, 01:42 PM
The video can't be played on mobile?
04-28-2015, 02:26 PM
It seems on the video you are having slight difficulty moving through the doors, isnt that a 360-degree movement stick?

Looks decent, but i'll get it if MFi controls get added. Seems like a fun game to play with the madcatz.

04-28-2015, 07:06 PM
iPad only?