Quote notfications

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by zen_mode, Apr 29, 2015.

1. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    I don't seem to be notified when i'm quoted in the forums and can't see any obvious way to switch this this on. Specifically, I'm not seeing any kind of notification next to my user name when i'm browsing the forum itself (I don't want to switch on email notifications or other kind of messaging). Is this a limitation of the forum itself? I notice that Macrumors has this enabled.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

MacRumors is running a different version of VBulletin. Not sure if or when we'll ever upgrade considering how much custom stuff we've got built on top of our existing forum software which likely won't transfer over without a lot of work for very little benefit.

3. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I know you guys work super hard and it's appreciated. However quote notification are sorely needed. :)

4. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Just search your own name.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Better user experience?

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Right but we have to pick and choose our battles on stuff like this. As mentioned whenever updating the app comes up, we're a small company and have to be smart with where we devote resources. For instance, there's a bunch of improvements I'd rather make to the front page that'd make a better use experience for way more people than the few folks hardcore enough to need quote notifications.