★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Wings! Remastered brings you back to an experience full of blasting action, drama and emotions. Get your Sopwith Camel started and dive deep into this amazing story of a WWI combat pilot's life experience. Fight your foes in one-on-one air combat, bomb enemy installations and strafe enemy supply lines!

-Experience a dramatic World War I storyline from the perspective of a combat pilot
-Re-live the horrors and glories of the 56th Squadron
-Dogfight, bomb & strafe enemies in a variety of dramatic missions
-Play through over 230 diverse missions
-Enjoy a completely re-scored orchestral soundtrack by Sound of Games

Jump into the cockpit and enjoy this remastered classic game experience!

What the Media says

This is no mere port of the original; the game's graphics, sound effects and music have all been updated, with superb results. You feel like you're playing a classic, but without the distraction (and, let's face it, detriment) of 16-bit graphics. (...)It's a little disheartening that it's been 25 years since I first encountered the game, but the passage of time hasn't diminished my appreciation for it in the slightest.

Rick Broida, CNET

User Ratings

5/5 - A classic game, updated and improved without losing any of the magic that make the original so special, one of the best games on the Amiga, highly recommended purchase

5/5 - The game works perfect on 5s. Wings is one of my all time favorite games and this one seems perfect! Love it!! Bravo! ! Good job!!

5/5 - WOW .... OLD SCHOOL LOVE IT ......
04-29-2015, 10:10 AM
So what is this is it any good

04-29-2015, 11:56 AM
It's made by the crowntakers guys. Crowntakers was awesome. Hmm
04-29-2015, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by anabolicMike View Post
It's made by the crowntakers guys. Crowntakers was awesome. Hmm
Agreed.. The reviews on steam are kind of mixed for this one.. Hopefully someone will post impressions soon.. I'm definitely intrigued 😁😁
04-29-2015, 12:03 PM
Yeah, Kalypso are a great developer with a lot of games in their portfolio that I've enjoyed. I didn't actually know this was coming to iOS, fans of the original Amiga game will probably love this.

It had pretty good reviews on PC with an 11:1 ratio of positive to negative on Steam so shows a lot of promise. I haven't actually played the original or remastered version though, so can't say anything about how it plays, sorry.
04-29-2015, 12:17 PM
Yeah, mostly positive reviews but some were pretty off putting.. I'm taking the plunge on this one later today.. Love crowntakers so I've got faith this one is pretty good as well 👾👾
04-29-2015, 01:31 PM
Hi all,

I played the original wings using MSDOS eons ago and I do have the remastered steam version. I can tell you it's pretty fun. If you die in the game you die forever. So don't die lol

I wonder how they did the touch controls. I'll be interested if anyone takes the plunge. I might buy it.

04-29-2015, 02:20 PM
I loved the original - the lovely music and the wonderfully touching storyline. Hope this does the original title justice...
04-29-2015, 02:51 PM
I searched Metacritic for this one. The image attached is of the PC version, but imps are a mixed bag. I'll wait for some reviews before deciding on this one. EDIT: image didn't attach 😡 it got a 61/100, with 6 reviews: 1 positive, 4 mixed, 1 negative. Also, 15 user reviews with 7.3/10 average score.
04-29-2015, 02:55 PM
Bought and downloading now - unfortunately I just noticed they've re-scored the music for this, so the original lovely sound track may be lost. I just hope they simply improved the old music rather than entirely rewriting it.