Universal Climby Charts: Buried Alive in the App Heap

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ThumbSnail, Apr 29, 2015.

1. ThumbSnail

ThumbSnail Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    One-Man Game Developer
    Under a Raincloud
    First of all, if any disheartened developer (like me!) would like to see their app icon featured in the BG of this game, please see this thread:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=260490

And now for some screenshots of the soon-to-be-released Climby Charts!

[​IMG]
    Just 1,499,900 more ranks to go to make it into the Top Charts!

[​IMG]
    Dang, this is getting hairy now. Or should I say feathery?

[​IMG]
    I failed to get a download and was buried by Flappy Bird clones...

2. ThumbSnail

Jan 13, 2015
    One-Man Game Developer
    Under a Raincloud
    Arriving at the bottom of the app heap in two days!

[​IMG]

3. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Cool premise but how are you executing this? An App Dev sim? Or is it a more action paced take?

4. GamerDog

GamerDog Active Member

Crappy Crap

Sorry to here your game dropped straight off, amongst a million other flappy bird clones. Perhaps don't make a flappy bird clone!

Flappy bird was a crap game, clones are even crapper, and clones made after 500,000 indian companies have already jumped on the flappy bird clone bandwagon, is just sad.

If you game is crap maybe make a better game. If it didn't get noticed maybe try marketing it a bit when you launch. Sorry to be so harsh, there is so much crap on the store today, sick of seeing developers complaining that their shitty app dropped off the charts. If your app was good it would have some staying power.

5. Pretty sure this is a game about being buried by Flappy clones.

6. ThumbSnail

Jan 13, 2015
    One-Man Game Developer
    Under a Raincloud
    @jgeirge- It's not an App Dev Sim, but that, too, would make for a funny premise! The gameplay for my game alternates between two modes:

1. Dodge flappy birds (stun) and one-star ratings (death).

2. After being stunned, more flappy birds start falling and now no longer pass through the floor. Thus, they begin piling up so you have to frantically get a download (a cloud) to clear the screen and resume flight... or you'll be buried alive by clones!

@AppUnwrapper- Hahaha, thank you! I, uh, wrongly assumed it was obvious... The best part is that GamerDog would clearly appreciate the game if he glanced at it for one second more...

7. I think it's a cute way of responding to all the clones in the store. Hard to tell what the gameplay is like, but I would give it a try just for the jab at Flappy Bird. ;)

8. ThumbSnail

Jan 13, 2015
    One-Man Game Developer
    Under a Raincloud
    Great! It just went live today, so feel free to try it out.

Download Climby Charts on the App Store.

[​IMG]

It's also available on Android.