Register vs. "Create Account"

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by blueshogun96, Apr 29, 2015.

1. blueshogun96

blueshogun96 Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Hi, I recently tried to register for the touch arcade forums and had some troubles (or maybe just a misunderstanding) during registration. So what I clicked was "Register" on the homepage. I go though the process, and it tells me that I successfully registered. But after registering, I noticed that I was not allowed to post messages on the forum, but was allowed to edit my profile and send private messages (in theory, at least). So I waited 3 days, and still got the same message regarding permissions, and couldn't find out what was going on.

So, I did discover that there were two different sign up options/paths. This time, I tried "Create Account", and was able to successfully go through a more thorough registration process. I wish I would have known better the first time, because I wanted to keep the first user name and email on this website.

Now, there's two reasons why I'm posting this.

1. I wanted to ask what is the difference between the two sign up options?
    2. Now I technically have "multiple accounts", and I don't want to be seen as a spammer. In fact, I even tried to make a request to be given developer status here because I do have some game(s) that I'd like to share and get commentary on. Do I keep this account and start over? Or can I keep the other and move forward? The over account is called "Shogun3D" btw.

Thanks in advance,

Shogun.

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    What MAY have happened is you created an account to post on the front page, which is separate from the forum account.

Forum accounts used to be unable to post on the front page and vice-versa, although some of that changed when the app was released and the forums got changed.

If one of your accounts can post on the front page, but cannot on the forums and the other can post on the forums but not the front page, that's what happened.

From my end at least, there is only one forum account associated with your IP.

3. blueshogun96

blueshogun96 Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Ah, now I understand. In that case, I'll leave the accounts be. Thanks!

Shogun.