★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

One Finger Death Punch Off Topic Discussion

04-26-2015, 11:15 AM
One Finger Death Punch Off Topic Discussion

Nvm.

Formerly: oooooomonkey.
Gamecentre: Sexy Pirate Arrr
Some Fav Games: ElementalWings, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, TheBikingDead, WrestlingRevolution.

Last edited by Sexy Pirate; 04-27-2015 at 12:49 AM.
04-26-2015, 12:13 PM
Are there any other games with this left-right attack combat system? I really like these arcade-combat type games so im looking for more of them. So far these are the ones i know of:

Dragon Storm Heroes (full RPG hybrid similar to this, but a simpler combat system)
Static Quest (also RPG hybrid)
Bitti Taro - Bitti Cubbi
Shadow Hunter+
Weak Warrior

Let me know if you know of anything else that's similar. Thanks

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

04-26-2015, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Are there any other games with this left-right attack combat system? I really like these arcade-combat type games so im looking for more of them. So far these are the ones i know of:

Dragon Storm Heroes (full RPG hybrid similar to this, but a simpler combat system)
Bitti Taro - Bitti Cubbi
Shadow Hunter+
Weak Warrior

Barrel Buster, your attacking barrels.

My screen name is misunderstood. I am not some arrogant person who thinks he's so cool. Cool, because I like cold weather and Pepper because I'm hot.

Game Center: BakedCracker
04-26-2015, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

Bitti Taro - Bitti Cubbi
Shadow Hunter+
Weak Warrior

Vitalick is very similar from what I've played. Control wise anyway.
04-26-2015, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
It's stamina and energy systems that are ruining mobile games.
More accurately, they DID ruin mobile gaming about two years ago, and now we're stuck with them forever.

Stamina, "legal" gambling (because it's for fake items) with a 1% chance of a rare drop, premium currency for new combat forms and mid-stage resurrections ... that IS the majority of mobile gaming.

The entire game was rewritten to have all of those "features," not to mention obtrusive ads that will sometimes start playing every other stage. I can deal with an energy system and limited periods of play time. I can even work around the "spend 30 currency for a random A or S rank equipment" which means only spenders will inevitably prosper. But full screen pop-ups that may or may not show up after any battle? That's where I draw the line.

Much like console games cost $60 and have the audacity to strip content out and charge $30 for a "season pass" of Day One DLC, mobile games make more money by being "free" and getting hundreds of dollars out of whales than they would with a $4.99 price tag.

Both things are ridiculous, but these are the times we live in.
04-26-2015, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laire View Post
More accurately, they DID ruin mobile gaming about two years ago, and now we're stuck with them forever.

Stamina, "legal" gambling (because it's for fake items) with a 1% chance of a rare drop, premium currency for new combat forms and mid-stage resurrections ... that IS the majority of mobile gaming.

The entire game was rewritten to have all of those "features," not to mention obtrusive ads that will sometimes start playing every other stage. I can deal with an energy system and limited periods of play time. I can even work around the "spend 30 currency for a random A or S rank equipment" which means only spenders will inevitably prosper. But full screen pop-ups that may or may not show up after any battle? That's where I draw the line.

Much like console games cost $60 and have the audacity to strip content out and charge $30 for a "season pass" of Day One DLC, mobile games make more money by being "free" and getting hundreds of dollars out of whales than they would with a $4.99 price tag.

Both things are ridiculous, but these are the times we live in.
1) The bubble of terrible freemium models will pop eventually,more and more people are hating such freemium models every day.

2) Just remember one thing - good freemium game is a freemium game where spending money is not necessary,where dedication,spending your time on the game is equal to spending money in that same game,if it is not like that then read 1) again.

3) Look on the bright side,there are freemium games with great freemium models,they are coming from honest developers that make "games" and not "milking machines",it's just we,the mobile users,are cursed with such freemium models,the only thing that you can do is just put 1 star review in AppStore.

4) There will always be premium games to play,most of the freemium games are strategies or puzzle games/MMOS (MMOS are pretty much supposed to be freemium,but of course they must be made with a good freemium model) ,it is almost impossible to make a successful freemium action/action rpg/rpg/stealth/etc game on mobile,because mobile freemium developers are aimed on CASH and that is it,it will not bring them anywhere but hell.

There are a lot of great freemium games on pc,made with nice freemium models.

Just remember that as long as you're supporting premium developers and disliking freemium games with awful models,sooner or later we'll rid of the "terrible freemium model curse".

There will always be good premium games and they will always exist,since nobody got enough time to play so many freemium games at the same time.

Eh,I guess that my post will be deleted again but still,just remember this.
04-26-2015, 07:50 PM
I have this game on steam. What about giving unlimited version to all steam game owners?
04-27-2015, 10:38 AM
I will try it
04-28-2015, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by setomoto View Post
Literally, almost every freaking thing worth purchasing must be bought with gold. I would really want to pay for a 2x multiplier or something but the closest option is a 30 day subscription. Its benefit details aren't bery clear except the perk of 30 gold for 30 days (and what happens after? Recurring billing? More gifts draws?)... I feel like the game is trying to hook those 2% players who probably won't mind paying for every skill and equipment. I am very willing to pay for a good game, but I really think there are better ways to monetize from players than Paywalls and Timers.

When I first saw OFDP was xbla exclusive, my heart was broken. Then they announced it would be iOS I was really happy! Now my heart has been broken again. Maybe I dont love the game enough.

its good that you know what you are loving instead of blind love. LOL
04-28-2015, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64o View Post
if only it were as simple as releasing on the App Store for the same price it's available on Steam. how about instead the screaming into pillows that you're all doing currently, you actually do something constructive, message both devs on Twitter, fingers crossed you might get a reply. Silver Dollar Games haven't been posting the last month and Mobirix's posts are mostly in Korean but we might get some answers as to if the ads appearing after making an IAP is a bug and if they're gonna display the prices for them more clearly. as an aside, Silver Dollar Games commented on how difficult the port process was proving to be
I'm sorry that you still feel that asking nicely is how things in this industry are fixed. It's not.

These types of developers only care about their bottom line. They wouldn't make greedy models like this and ruin ports if they cared. The only way (the ONLY WAY) to get through to these types is overwhelming negative press, which directly contributes to loss of sales. When enough people voice their discontent about something, it gets featured on sites, on posts, and eventually, in major articles. Then, maybe, they take note, and then maybe, if the whales have dried up, they consider making changes.

I wish we could all get along, too, and that politeness was a way to get things done efficiently and correctly. But time and time again in the gaming industry, especially around mobile F2P, we've seen unanswered replies, non-existent or bad PR, and terrible results. That's just how it is now. We helped make this bed, now we have to lie in it. So yes, I am going to complain about how a game I really wanted to play was ruined when it finally came to a platform I own. And yes, I am going to poke fun at its flaws, because these decisions deserve to have them shown as they are.

When nobody has a loud enough voice on their own, yelling to get everyone else to yell is the only real constructive thing that can be done.

Last edited by modus_ataraxia; 04-28-2015 at 09:20 AM.