★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Rabbit vs. Robot
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 16.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Headhunter: Heads Will Roll.
Its like basketball meets pinball meets pachinko, but with shrunken heads.

Version 1.1 adds a ton of new features!

Randomly-generated levels! You can play forever without seeing a level repeat.

Online Highscores and Achievements using Openfeint.

New heads: Monkeys!

Improved magic bursts for better head control.

The great reviews keep coming in!

Decapitates Pick And Play Gaming! - theappera.com

Ten to Watch: Headhunter is sickeningly humorous. - slidetoplay.com

4 stars: Headhunter is a game I would recommend to anyone who loves pinball, pachinko or Peggle. - AppVersity.com

You are a Headhunter.

For the glory of your tribe, pile the shrunken heads that have been captured into shrines. On each level, you have a quota for the number of heads you must enshrine before the time is up. Make that quota or the game is over!

You start with a set of Explorer heads. Unlock higher scoring heads by completing levels or stacking three or more heads of the same type.

Gameplay is easy: press and drag to throw heads, tilt to make the head go left or right in the air, tap to launch magic bursts to bounce the heads.

MARVEL at the retro-styling and unique gameplay!
IMPRESS your friends with your magical abilities!
SHOCK your family with your ever-increasing head collection!
DELIGHT in the realistic flight paths of heads in motion!

Check out a gameplay video at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dCyffcCuT0&fmt=18
09-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Has anyone else played this yet? I've only spent a few minutes with it but I'm liking it so far

It seems like another one of those titles that got lost in yesterdays shuffle

EDIT: My 1,000th post!

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn

09-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Weird! I just went all the way back to pg 14 looking for this thread. Figures, as soon as I do, someone bumps it back in the process. Thank god I decided to recheck page 1 before I went much further!

Anyway, I was waiting till I completed two other games before getting this. I buy too many at once then never finish them. I'm about to DL now...
09-19-2009, 03:43 PM
iDD vibes again... buying this!

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm the creator of Headhunter and was about to post an informational thread. Looks like eggzbacon beat me to it!

Anyway, Headhunter is my first game for the iPhone/iPod Touch and I'm very excited to have it out in the world. Glad to see that there's already some interest in it here on the TA forums. I've lurked on the forums here for many months so already know what a great community it is. I hope I can answer any questions you all might have!

If you haven't already, you can check out rabbitvsrobot.com for more info on the game.

Also, there's a YouTube gameplay video here.

One point I'd really love to get across is that I plan to release updates with more heads and levels regularly so what you're buying with your 99cents will continue to grow as time goes on.

Ok, get out there and try it out! Hit me back with any questions about gameplay and suggestions.
09-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitVsRobot View Post
Hey Guys,

I'm the creator of Headhunter and was about to post an informational thread. Looks like eggzbacon beat me to it!

Anyway, Headhunter is my first game for the iPhone/iPod Touch and I'm very excited to have it out in the world. Glad to see that there's already some interest in it here on the TA forums. I've lurked on the forums here for many months so already know what a great community it is. I hope I can answer any questions you all might have!

If you haven't already, you can check out rabbitvsrobot.com for more info on the game.

Also, there's a YouTube gameplay video here.

One point I'd really love to get across is that I plan to release updates with more heads and levels regularly so what you're buying with your 99cents will continue to grow as time goes on.

Ok, get out there and try it out! Hit me back with any questions about gameplay and suggestions.
I've literally only had about 3 minutes with the game so far, but... no level select? Also... you can lose the heads you've earned? I'm not sure I like that. It reminds me of console FPS multiplayer modes that drop you down a rank when you perform badly... I'm not fond having my rewards taken away from me.

Those two things stuck out quite early on, but aside from that the game looks awesome. I love the art design so congratulate whoever did that for me. The game feels like a mix between Melon Golf and iDrop Dead, both of which are excellent games so once you've started getting updates out this could be a big contender as far as I'm concerned

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-19-2009, 06:58 PM
edit

Tiny Tower Vegas: 6H6V

Last edited by BadSanta; 09-19-2009 at 07:01 PM.
09-19-2009, 06:58 PM
This game looks really fun! I love how you can collect heads...any first impressions anyone?
09-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf49lu View Post
This game looks really fun! I love how you can collect heads...any first impressions anyone?
Yeah, the stuff I posted up there ^

If you've played either iDD or Melon Golf you'll have an idea of how this feels. It looks awesome and the levels are nice and varied, performs well... there only seems to be one mode, more would definitely be welcomed with open arms. As I said up there I'm not sure how I feel about being able to lose heads, I go a little OCD when it comes to collecting things in games so having them taken away from me could end up getting me slightly annoyed.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Hey MidianGTX,
Thanks for the feedback. Re: losing heads: this is something I definitely thought pretty hard about and got a bunch of feedback from my testers. It could have gone either way, but I liked having heads be losable because it adds a bit of drama around trying to keep your better heads in play. Anywho, if you do end up losing them though, it's not super hard to win them back.

Re: levelselect/game modes. Definitely on the list. I'm both artist and developer for the whole game so in the end I had to defer certain features for the future in order to actually get the game out into the world to hear what people have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I've literally only had about 3 minutes with the game so far, but... no level select? Also... you can lose the heads you've earned? I'm not sure I like that.