★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: wooga
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 94.3 MB
  • Version: 1.15.5
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: A NEW KIND OF TOWER DEFENSE!

Tower Defense like youve never seen it before! Protect your base and take control of your very own hero to save the day. Are you ready for a brand new type of strategy?

Loot your way through hundreds of levels and build your very own army. Combine hundreds of items to create bigger, better and badder towers.

Or, why not borrow your friends heroes to lay waste to the merciless Minotaur army? The more friends you make, the stronger you become!

Featuring hundreds of awesome tower defense levels, have you got what it takes to defend your kingdom from the Crazy Kings?

*WHY YOULL LOVE CRAZY KINGS*
TOWER DEFENSE MEETS COLLECTABLE CARD GAMING Get hooked with brain-busting strategy and super-addictive card collecting gameplay!
BADDIE BASHING Fight dozens of enemy types, from Minotaurs, to Undead and even feathered fiends!
LEVEL UP YOUR HERO Win new items with every victory, and make your hero the biggest and baddest.
BUILD AND UPGRADE Level up your battle deck from everyday defenses, right up to epic giant dragons!
WIN PRIZES Join millions in daily and weekly tournaments for awesome rewards.
LOOT, LOOT AND MORE LOOT! Power up your hero with all that juicy loot.
SO MANY LEVELS Hundreds of awesome levels set across snowy tundra, arid desert, rolling hills and more!

Download now and get ready to fight! The Crazy Kings are coming!

Crazy Kings is free to download and play, but it also allows you to purchase virtual items with real money inside the game. You can disable in-app purchases in your devices settings.

You may require an Internet connection to play Crazy Kings and access its social features. Crazy Kings may also contain advertising.

PeteOzzy's comments:

Crazy Kings

Mantis Shrimp
Genres: Games Strategy Simulation Entertainment
Free

Quote:
A NEW KIND OF TOWER DEFENSE!

Tower Defense like youve never seen it before. As well as placing towers, you take control of your very own avatar to save the day. Are you ready for a brand new take on Tower Defense?

Loot your way through hundreds of levels and build your very own army. Every item can be combined to create bigger, better and badder towers.

But dont forget your avatar! You can customize and upgrade your fighter with incredible weapons, armor and special items to become the most powerful warrior in the land!

Or, why not borrow your friends avatars to lay waste to the merciless minotaur army? The more friends you make, the stronger you become!

With 200 levels to play through, have you got what it takes to defend the kingdom from the Crazy Kings?

*WHY YOULL LOVE CRAZY KINGS*
CLASSIC GAMEPLAY WITH A TWIST Strategically place your towers and use your heroes to respond to changes on the battlefield.
LOOT, LOOT AND MORE LOOT! Win loot cards from every battle and use them to power up your avatar!
BUILD AND UPGRADE Level up your army from basic, rare, and epic, all the way up to legendary!
200 FREE LEVELS Hundreds of awesome levels set across snowy tundra, arid desert, rolling hills and more!
FORGE ALLIANCES Borrow your friends avatars to crush those Crazy Kings!

*PLAYER REVIEWS*
Forget about old-school tower defense! Crazy Kings is completely different!
I cant believe how addictive it is! My avatar is super-powered now!
I love the arena battles! So much free loot! Five stars!

Download now and get ready to fight! The Crazy Kings are coming!

PLEASE NOTE: Crazy Kings is completely free to play, but you can also purchase some items within the game for real money. Just disable in-app​ purchases on your device if you don't want to use this feature.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone5
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone4
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadMini
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone5c
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone6Plus

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 84.7MB

05-01-2015, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Shrimp
Tower Defense like you’ve never seen it before. As well as placing towers, you take control of your very own avatar to save the day. Are you ready for a brand new take on Tower Defense?
I'm curious: since direct control of heroes/avatars and card-based mechanics are very old news to the TD genre by now, what makes Crazy Kings "Tower Defense like you've never seen it before"?

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

05-01-2015, 01:18 PM
05-01-2015, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
I'm curious: since direct control of heroes/avatars and card-based mechanics are very old news to the TD genre by now, what makes Crazy Kings "Tower Defense like you've never seen it before"?
It seems, the characters and artwork in general are unique, which makes it never-seen-before.

This does look interesting though. Crystal Siege is my favorite tower defense title mostly because of the balance between RPG and tower defense. If this has that much RPG in its mechanics, i might like it.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 05-01-2015 at 01:37 PM.
05-01-2015, 03:10 PM
Oh this tempts me. But f2p td sounds like a bad idea imo. I hope it's not a online only game that requires power ups or buying cards with cash because you can never get anything good, etc.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
05-01-2015, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
It seems, the characters and artwork in general are unique, which makes it never-seen-before.
In this day and age, I guess we should be thankful devs at least use their own assets :P

(Though this cynicism is actually counter to my general sentiment. I'm a firm proponent of Chair's Law )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
This does look interesting though. Crystal Siege is my favorite tower defense title mostly because of the balance between RPG and tower defense. If this has that much RPG in its mechanics, i might like it.
I've yet to squeeze that recently Universal-ized gem onto my iPhone. Do tell me if Crazy Kings is anything similar, and I can jump from here to Crystal Siege.

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
05-01-2015, 06:46 PM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

05-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Wow... Thanks for the gameplay vid RR. Looks like the mechanics of this game are really good, but the energy system seems to be in the way of enjoying.

Can anyone who tried it check what the IAPs are? If there is a perma-unlock to remove the stamina system this could be something.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-01-2015, 08:08 PM
@EP, youre welcome man, actually the game is quite fun even though the gameplay mechanism is similar to other well known TD. the energy system might be annoying but it will get you enough supply for the first hours without any paywall.

btw, the IAP:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

05-02-2015, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
TD? um, I'd actually rather see a game with attacking Mantis Shrimp! Just sayin'! Oh, never mind.......