★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Follow-up to 'A Dark Room': 'The Ensign' (Universal) > Free

05-03-2015, 11:03 PM
Follow-up to 'A Dark Room': 'The Ensign' (Universal) > Free

Try something weird & different! Highly recommended. Free for the first (and a limited, obviously) time.

Review @ 148Apps.com (with guide).

Originally created as a browser game, it's a multi-layered RPG that pulls some interesting tricks that you won't soon forget.
What initially begins as a text adventure opens up to become a full-fledged, transitional RPG - complete with battles, equipment, and many of the other familiar trappings of the genre. Of course, the way The Ensign is set up is completely minimalistic, so these alterations won't be immediately obvious when they occur. Change occurs gradually, and when you investigate different areas and engage in battle for the first few times, you'll become accustomed to how the game has altered itself in important ways… The Ensign is a fantastically weird and wonderful RPG that has plenty going for it, but only if you have the time and patience to peel away the multiple layers. You'll find that it's delightfully bizarre in many ways, especially if you were a previous fan of A Dark Room..

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
05-04-2015, 05:42 AM
Brilliant - Loved a dark room I've no idea how I missed this!

Just given it half an hour or so seems a lot harder than DR so far - still ace tho
05-04-2015, 06:12 AM
Thanks for sharing, Habakuk.

Pine Entertainment
05-04-2015, 08:58 AM
I had no idea about this and I loved a dark room. Thanks for posting this!
09-06-2015, 11:58 AM
Free again.