Flummox - 3D Adventure Puzzle!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by spiel, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

Hello Friends!

Our new game - Flummox is almost ready, and will be soon available on iOS!

Checkout the official trailer:

A challenging puzzle game where-in you have collect all the coins and find your way to the end of the level. Undoubtedly the toughest game we have made, will surely challenge every nerve in you. Not meant for the average casual gamer.

By gamers - For gamers!

We will soon be posting some more videos and in-game screenshots soon..

2. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

Flummox has been approved, and will be available worldwide from July 2nd, 2015!

A classic Pay Once and Play Forever game with No In-App Purchases or Advertisements!

Available for $0.99 only!

Give us a shout if anyone wants to preview the game.

Cheers
    Spiel Team

3. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Looks interesting, I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Looks cool, I wonder how the controls work.

5. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

Stay tuned.. We are uploading a 1min. gameplay footage now!

6. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

Flummox Gameplay Footage

A challenging puzzle/adventure game which will test your skills and patience! Each of the 24 levels have been designed carefully and each has it's own uniqueness. It's probably the World's hardest game that we have played & developed!

Have a look at some of the gameplay footage here:

7. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

2 more days to go before Flummox goes live!

PM us for promo codes!

8. gamesmiths.com

Jun 26, 2015
    CEO Gamesmiths.com
    Spain
    nice game, like the look of it and its a bit different, is there really still money in pay games on the App store? I think they have to be mind blowing to get decent returns don't they?

9. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

@gamesmith Yes you may be probably right largely, but there is still a classic community who prefers to buy a full complete game which has no extra in-app purchases or advertisements or video rewards or other cash sucking mechanics. This is a pure Pay Once and Play Forever game and we hope the players back this approach. Secondly, the game was initially designed this way, and we couldn't just make it freemium.

10. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

A little under 24 hours left before we go live with Flummox!

We still have a few promo codes left for an early preview of the game!

Flummox - Probably one of the World's hardest game that we have played which will test your patience!

11. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Love games that I can take my time with. I seem to lose hours at a time

12. SOJ

SOJ Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Looks interesting....:)

13. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

Hey,

Flummox is released, and is available on the Appstore for download!
    Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flummox/id987467501?mt=8

Meanwhile, a piece written on Appadvice:
    http://appadvice.com/appnn/2015/07/experience-an-amazing-game-world-unlike-any-other-in-flummox

"What makes it Special?
    Flummox offers a wonderful visual and audio experience for puzzle-lovers. The sounds and vibration really add to the overall experience. It is quite challenging and honestly down-right hard in some parts, but that makes you want to play it even more."

14. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Impression

Played the game with friend until level 8. my friend said the game is kinda abstract but he like it. The gameplay looks difficult but actually there's a solution pattern for each level. I'm glad there's no timer, or lives here. I can't imagine, how many time I need to press restart button if you do that.
    We only need to learn the enemy movements first. Control took a while for us to use, but it works properly. however, we hope we can make the game top-down using camera option since it'll much easier to see the maze with that point of view.

I found a bug on level 8 where the character fall down from the maze, I attach the screenshot for that.

Attached Files:

15. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

@copaeci glad you liked the game. we will knock that bug off from wherever it came and we may also put a camera top-down button to see the whole level from a different perspective. Also do check out the other 2 chapters, which are very different from the first one!

16. happy happy

happy happy Member

Jul 3, 2015
    looks very challenging guys. Will wait and see how it turns out on the phone..all the best.

17. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Here are my imps (also on the main game thread):

Flummox is a pretty fun puzzle/action game. The game plays similarly to a rather infamous flash game called 'The World's Hardest Game'; you move your character around to goals and sub-goals while avoiding enemies that move in fixed patterns. Flummox places the focus on analyzing the patterns so that you can pass through with ease. Level designs are good, and by the second world start including all kinds of neat little tricks and transformations to keep things interesting.
    Graphically, Flummox is a bit of a mixed bag; the title screen is lovely, the level select not so much, and the levels themselves somewhere in between. The graphics serve their purpose and are satisfying enough so as to not distract from the game itself.
    The game is certainly quite a unique blend of genres... it's hard to pin down exactly what kind of a game this is, and perhaps that means it will appeal to a wide range of people. However the sole mechanic does become a bit stale, even with extra frills added. However, at just $1 I can safely say that it's certainly worth the price of admission, even if only for a unique, if not perfect, experience.