★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Dire Soul is a 3D action adventure in which you must help Latyia find her way through the treachery that is Terole. The adventure begins when Latyia goes to bed one day, and awakens the next in a strange place. She is lost and scared.

You must find powerful weapons and armors to defeat ever increasingly difficult foes. Precious gems can be used to purchase magic and new fight techniques. Special stones scattered throughout Terole add new abilities that are sometimes needed to explore new areas.

Simple puzzles must be solved to find some of the best items, and to defeat some of the more difficult inhabitants of Terole.

A powerful in-game map will help track your progress through Terole. From the pause menu you can also customize how you control Latyia. Progress is auto-saved, and up to three games can be saved at once.
09-18-2009, 10:29 PM
I'll TOFTT.

EDIT: Downloading now, impressions up soon.

Last edited by Seishu; 09-18-2009 at 10:38 PM.

09-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Impressions

Well after playing for a solid 20 minutes, I can say that this game has surpassed my expectations. Sure it's a little confusing at first, but the controls aren't that hard after a little practice. You tap to move in a direction, but you will keep moving in that direction until you press the x button in the lower right corner. Above the stop button is a jump button, which comes in handy when avoiding enemies or climbing stairs. I just found a sword in this weird green room, though I only know 1 technique to attack, jab. I'm guessing as you progress you learn different attack styles like slash and what not. There's a really surrealistic feel to the game, with a nice ambient sound and darkened lighting. One of the first enemies I faced was some flying ghost doll, then followed by some guards. It's interesting to see what exactly is going on, only to be completely confused in the next room.

Overall it's not bad, though I'd say avoid it unless you will spend some time getting use to it.

On a side note, the developer also made tensorG, the confusing but entertaining 3D RTS game.

09-18-2009, 11:18 PM
It's not that bad people...

Oh who am I kidding, it's horrible.

09-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
It's not that bad people...

Oh who am I kidding, it's horrible.
okay, that just made me laugh,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
09-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Is it really as hard to see anything in the game as it is in the screenshots? I can barely see anything in the screenshots cuz they're so dark.
09-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
Is it really as hard to see anything in the game as it is in the screenshots? I can barely see anything in the screenshots cuz they're so dark.
It's not that hard no, especially if you turn the brightness up a bit.

09-19-2009, 06:17 PM
It isn't that hard to see stuff in the game, but I did take the screen cover off my phone to see if it made any difference. Voil! Not so dark anymore.

Anyhow, the game is pretty cool. :-)
09-19-2009, 06:45 PM
I hope they improve on the brightness setting. I would hate to waste my batteries because I have to turn the brightness all the way up to play it.

And imho, I don't think screenshots like that will help sell the game. :\
09-19-2009, 06:55 PM
It's like you're playing the game while wearing peril-sensitive sunglasses ... and everything is dangerous.

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here (ha!) and guess this is Bob Parkinson's first shot at 3D game design.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko