★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Important: This game uses Metal and will only play properly on iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5s, and beyond.

Something's rotten in the land of the dead, and you're being played for a sucker. Meet Manny Calavera, travel agent at the Department of Death. He sells luxury packages to souls on their four-year journey to eternal rest. But there's trouble in paradise. Help Manny untangle himself from a conspiracy that threatens his very salvation.

One of the most acclaimed adventure games of all time is now back, better than ever. Grim Fandango's epic story of four years in the life (or death) of Manny Calavera, travel agent to the dead, has been remastered to look, sound, and control even better than when it won GameSpot's Game of the Year award upon its original launch. Grim Fandango still stands as a classic of the genre, with unforgettable characters and unique combination of film noir and Mexican folklore.

Remastered version includes

- Repainted, hi-res character textures
- New, dynamic lighting
- Classic score re-recorded with a full live orchestra
- Over 2 hours of exclusive developer commentary
- Concept art browser

klink's comments:

One of my all time favorite games is now on iOS.

Grim Fandango Remastered on mobile is $14.99, but is on sale for $9.99 in launch week!
05-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Holy crap. Where did this come from?

Nice surprise.

05-05-2015, 03:59 PM
OH MY GOD....SOHKHSFHHEKB Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?!?!?!?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-05-2015, 04:06 PM
OMG, must buyzzzzz!!!
05-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
OH MY GOD....SOHKHSFHHEKB Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?!?!?!?
This... LOL

I think me holding back from getting it on steam just paid off huge here

EDIT: Oh my, tis just around $6 on steam right now. O_o

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 05-05-2015 at 04:15 PM.
05-05-2015, 04:17 PM
No no no no no no...you guys don't know the magnitude of this release. I've been seriously sitting here the last few months with a grin on my face knowing that I'll forever have Grim Fandango Remastered on my laptop and hard-drive, but iOS? I was SERIOUSLY never expecting this. Between Tim Schafer favoriting (whatever the hell the word is) my tweet asking if it would ever get ported, to assuming that since the remastered version would have never been possible without Sony's help, it would stay on Vita...(yes, I'm rambling)....this being out now? Me watching it download? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah...I'm going insane. dioifhewrhfihiweofyuywiohlfwrghoryulrweg

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-05-2015, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
No no no no no no...you guys don't know the magnitude of this release. I've been seriously sitting here the last few months with a grin on my face knowing that I'll forever have Grim Fandango Remastered on my laptop and hard-drive, but iOS? I was SERIOUSLY never expecting this. Between Tim Schafer favoriting (whatever the hell the word is) my tweet asking if it would ever get ported, to assuming that since the remastered version would have never been possible without Sony's help, it would stay on Vita...(yes, I'm rambling)....this being out now? Me watching it download? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah...I'm going insane. dioifhewrhfihiweofyuywiohlfwrghoryulrweg
What other adventure classic do you hope to see on iOS?
05-05-2015, 04:19 PM
Wait wat?
05-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWarden View Post
In my case, i want Love for Sail and Sanitarium to come to iOS

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-05-2015, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWarden View Post
You want an answer...right now? 'coz I legitimately couldn't give two ****s now that GRIM FA[PDFJLKDKLFJLWJLGJLKWR FANDANGO is on iOS!!!!!!!!

Errrmmm...seriously though? Day of the Tentacle. Full Throttle. Updated versions of the Monkey Island special editions. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. I would've said The Longest Journey...but we already got that. All of the Leisure Suit Larry titles.

I dunno dude. Grim Fandango's my favorite game of all time. I'm completely elated right now.