★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: CLM
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 27.4 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: It's time to break the bricks in style!

Anodia 2 is a complete new take on the classic brick breaker genre. With every level unique and fresh you will always wonder what comes next!

While staying true to the first instalment's praised gameplay quality, Anodia 2 brings all new levels with a modern design and art style. Anodia 2 introduces new user experience concept that we call 'Just Play' -- simply hit the Play button, have fun and get the best high score.

FEATURES:
- All-new levels!
- Designed to be fun as a quick fix game and, at the same time, a title you can play for hours.
- Modern look and feel.
- Learn all you need to know in a less than a minute tutorial.
- High score oriented gameplay with Game Center integration.
- Smart Effortless Random Level Play - just hit the Play button and let Anodia 2 choose levels for you using sophisticated algorithms and heuristics, guaranteeing best possible experience!
- Over 20 power ups and power downs.
- Fast-paced addictive gameplay.
- Superb physics simulation in real time.
- Universal app.

CRITIC REVIEWS:

'The game's free, but it's the "good" kind of free-to-play. You get coins for the gumball machine by playing, watching video ads, or just checking in on the app once or twice a day. It all feels very fair.'
toucharcade.com

'Ive been enjoying Anodia 2 a lot. The visuals are fantastic, the music is charming, and the various levels are unconventional from most brick breaker games, making it a nice change.'
appadvice.com/

'Anodia 2 is a fun arcade challenge that livens up the brick breaker genre once again making it worth picking up.'
applenapps.com/

PeteOzzy's comments:

Anodia 2

CLM
Genres: Games Family Arcade
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
It's time to break the bricks in style!

Anodia 2 is a complete new take on the classic brick breaker genre. With every level unique and fresh you will always wonder what comes next!

While staying true to the first instalment's praised gameplay quality, Anodia 2 brings all new levels with a modern design and art style. Anodia 2 introduces new user experience concept that we call 'Just Play' -- simply hit the Play button, have fun and get the best high score.

FEATURES:
- All-new levels!
- Designed to be fun as a quick fix game and, at the same time, a title you can play for hours.
- Modern look and feel.
- Learn all you need to know in a less than a minute tutorial.
- High score oriented gameplay with Game Center integration.
- Smart Effortless Random Level Play - just hit the Play button and let Anodia 2 choose levels for you using sophisticated algorithms and heuristics, guaranteeing best possible experience!
- Over 20 power ups and power downs.
- Fast-paced addictive gameplay.
- Superb physics simulation in real time.
- Universal app.

Supported Devices:
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone4
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPhone6
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPad23G

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 28.4MB

05-06-2015, 05:16 AM

05-06-2015, 08:08 AM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

05-06-2015, 10:17 AM
@PeteOzzy, thanks for starting this thread!

Here's the official release trailer:

We are giving out the last batch of early access promo codes in this thread.

Have fun and share your impressions!
05-06-2015, 10:42 AM
I'm quite surprised. This game is quite beautiful and plays really well. I love the art and how each level looks unique, often playing differently.

There's also lots of fun power ups to make things more interesting. I do wish the player moved a bit faster but I suppose they made it slower since there's a power up to move faster.

Only cons I can see are that the gift / buy system should be explained. Took me a while to figure out what it did but I'm assuming you buy new levels with coins you earn. Which is a nice incentive to keep playing since there's a good amount. Also the blue icon on the bottom right during play, I'm not sure what that is. And the app icon (or maybe the background) seems somewhat blurry.

Overall, probably the best game for me this week. I really enjoy the art style and it feels like a zen game in a way

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 05-06-2015 at 10:44 AM.
05-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Just like the first one, this game is beautiful.
A well-done brick breaker, and is seriously worth the download.

Seems to have a similar coin system to Crossy road, not exactly sure what I'm getting out of the machine but I'm getting something!

The gameplay is great and it has touch controls (which are perfect)
05-06-2015, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turakm View Post
Just like the first one, this game is beautiful.
A well-done brick breaker, and is seriously worth the download.

Seems to have a similar coin system to Crossy road, not exactly sure what I'm getting out of the machine but I'm getting something!

The gameplay is great and it has touch controls (which are perfect)
I thinkkk I figured it out. It must be giving you coins for the machine (just like crossy road). You don't get much for playing single levels but it feels a lot more fulfilling than running across a street with single taps

Btw, I do wish individual levels had high scores on them instead of just the full high score from playing until you run out of lives.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
05-06-2015, 11:10 AM
If you loved the first Anodia, you will undoubtedly love Anodia 2.

I didn't think it possible to improve upon the first game, but the developers have managed to create an even more addictive brick-breaker with sharper graphics and beautifully unique levels. Each level's landscape is so different than the other that there is no risk of the game feeling redundant in the least.

The game also includes easy ways to earn fun goodies by either watching videos, receiving a gift (reset by a timer), or by playing the lottery for 100 coins to earn a prize (a random level or coins).

If you're unfamiliar with the first Anodia and are trying to figure out what the power-ups/-downs do, go to the "Settings" menu where there is a handy explanation. Although the power-downs are technically disadvantageous to gameplay, sometimes they do help and I find I like to get them anyway because the art is fun to look at. I especially like the one with the clouds.

I've switched back and forth between tap/tilt controls and both work seamlessly with great accuracy.

The only thing I would add is that I have been absolutely entertained by the brick puns in the "Upcoming" games posts by CLM and would love to see it added to the game for a bit of humor. Otherwise, this game is perfection. It's unique, tranquil, and addicting.

Thank you CLM for an awesome game and for the chance to try it out! I'm off to play more Anodia 2.

Last edited by locomoco; 05-06-2015 at 11:17 AM.
05-06-2015, 01:29 PM
I'm glad that all of you are enjoying Anodia 2 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Also the blue icon on the bottom right during play, I'm not sure what that is.
That blue thingy in the corner is the gravity field indicator, when it's full you can tap somewhere to direct balls to that location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turakm View Post
You sure are! Those things you're getting are new levels to play in. Isn't that neat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Btw, I do wish individual levels had high scores on them instead of just the full high score from playing until you run out of lives.
Very recently we have came to the same conclusion, and there is a high chance that it will make its way to the future updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomoco View Post
The only thing I would add is that I have been absolutely entertained by the brick puns in the "Upcoming" games posts by CLM and would love to see it added to the game for a bit of humor. Otherwise, this game is perfection. It's unique, tranquil, and addicting.
We liked the puns too, but unfortunately it seemed that they didn't fit the mood of the game (not to mention that they didn't fit in the menu ).

If anyone have any questions, we'll do our best to answer
05-06-2015, 04:30 PM
Interesting....a real game that implements Crossy Road's brilliant method of monetization.