★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "This free-to-play game is pretty simple, but it's remarkably well made." - 148app.com

Inspired by the sport of curling, this physics game gives a lot of challenge with a relaxing experience
Shoot the ball in the right direction with the right amount of force into the next circle. Aiming from one circle to the other and achieve a perfect score! How far can you go?

FEATURES
Relaxing experience.
Original physics based game which is simple to play but challenging to master.
4 outstanding visual styles.
150 missions to complete.
30 balls to unlock.
Multiplayer! Complete against other players on the worldwide leaderboards every day for high rewards!
Earn bonuses for playing daily to help you achieve your goals!
Ultimate Edition includes custom designed skins to change up your gaming experience
This is a tough game to put down - you have been warned!

FOLLOW US
on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zipzapgames
on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ZipZapGames

PLEASE NOTE! This game is completely free to play, but you can also purchase some items within the game for real money. Just disable in app purchases on your device if you don't want to use this feature.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Into The Circle is an original product of ZIPZAP Games.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please give it a rating to support additional updates.
ZIPZAP Games wants to thank Marco Mereu for an awesome one year partnership at Gameblyr.

PeteOzzy's comments:

Into The Circle

Gameblyr, LLC
Genres: Games Arcade Action Entertainment
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Throw the ball in the right direction with the right amount of force. From one circle to the other. How far can you survive?

From the Publisher of indie hits including Pathogen, Third Eye Crime and Zengrams comes this minimalist physics based action title. Push the ball into the circle and get as many perfects as you can!

-Simple to play but challenging to master!
-Complete against other players on the worldwide leaderboards EVERY WEEK for rewards based on ranking!
-Earn bonuses for playing daily to help you achieve your goals!
-Ultimate Edition includes custom designed skins to change up your gaming experience
-This is a tough game to put down - you have been warned!

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone6
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPhone4
  • iPadMini
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone5

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 40.6MB

05-07-2015, 05:41 AM
Fun game, you need precision timing to do it.

An easy recommendation since it's free to try.

One let down is, it's pay to win, for 5 stars you can continue, the game would be better without it, maybe a separate leaderboard can fix that. But on the other hand you can win or earn stars in this game, so if anybody uses them it would be fair again IMO.

Last edited by ROGER-NL; 05-07-2015 at 06:07 AM.

05-07-2015, 06:19 AM
As said in the description: hard to put down. Totally agree, it's so up my alley getting a zen-like focus with this spherical soundtrack. A slick presentation rounds this gem up.

Unfortunately, it's hard to put down my four bucks on this only pay-to-win leaderboard, as well. Sorry, my dear Devs, not with endless continues. It's simply against my pure and conservative fun for a highscore chase, very pity.
05-07-2015, 09:14 AM
I totally agree with the above comments. The Game is highly addictive but unlimited continues are not acceptable, they destroy the leaderboards.

Game Center: sink_or_swim
05-09-2015, 08:37 PM
Hi All - This is Marco from Gameblyr chiming in here on this discussion of our new title Into the Circle. First off thanks for being interested enough to discuss it in these forums. We appreciate you playing the game.

I have noticed the topic of the use of stars in Into the Circle in a few places online and I thought this would be as good a place as any to explain our approach to the mechanic and what we are trying to achieve.

Explaining mobile gameplay concepts can be tough at times as these things don't ship with a manual and it's harder to engage player concerns than if you are publishing a game to something like Steam. I'll try to do my best here for the sake of discussion.

I did want to first point out that you don't ever need to buy stars if you don't want to. Just by logging in and playing a single daily will get you free stars for use and quite a few if you play on consecutive days. Since the game is so new its not a concept alot of early players have seen yet but you will see the daily rewards are pretty decent - you can of course also win stars with precision gameplay as well and of course it's entirely possible to post high scores without ever continuing. This is because high scores are generally a result of multiple perfects and not necessarily the highest zone.

When we sat down to talk about how we wanted players to play Into the Circle we really looked at two different gameplay cycles. One is the simple fun from playing the game, trying to get your own personal high score, executing skilled shots, earning achievements, etc. The best thing about Into the Circle is the gameplay is really fun (or so we hope).

That being said we wanted to add an additional layer of meta gameplay over the top and that was to introduce a fun and competitive nature to a skill based game where you could compete weekly for a top score and to win something of value. Here is our approach - we expect players to use stars to continue and post really high scores when they are trying to win their weekly challenge. The top of the leaderboard should be hard to reach.

The meta game is when you choose to use all of the stars you earn. Do you use them casually or do you save them up for a big run at the top of the leaderboard. I would kind of compare this in a weird way to - ahem - Bloodborne. When you are taking on a boss for the first time do you blow all your blood vials or do you practice a couple runs knowing you are not going to down them on the first try.
If you are having a good round and think its worth to continue maybe you pop one or two to see if *this* is the time you take them down.

It's kind of the same in Into the Circle - if you really want to make a run at the top of the leaderboard (which is a random weekly cohort of 500 players) and take the competitive side that seriously then save them and go for a big run. Also keep in mind as with any free game the vast majority of people are not spending any money. In a cohort of 500 maybe only a few tops are buying anything and you can't buy precision shots no matter how many stars you have.

What I suggest is play the game for a week, log in for your free stars and see how much you get for just playing and then go for a big run to top the leaderboard. Always welcome feedback from players and we will continue to work on the game to improve it. Thanks again for playing.
05-11-2015, 04:46 PM
I love this game! Really smooth and addictive
05-11-2015, 05:02 PM
Great game! It is perfect for a quick session.

The dark(er) theme is one of the best.

Just one note: sometimes the leaderboard is not updated with your greatest score or it does not display anything.

Congratulations for the release.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
05-12-2015, 07:02 PM

Into The Circle

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

May 7th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

Game Center: AnotherkellydwN
Follow me on:
Instagram for vaping posts & Twitter for gaming tweets
05-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Hi Everyone - just wanted to say we appreciate you all playing the game and the support TouchArcade users are giving us. Please continue to share your scores and post feedback positive or negative so we can continue to improve the game.

PS - we are working on a big content update to add more fun things to do in the game and you heard it first here on TA!
05-14-2015, 03:06 PM
Lovely game. Perfect balance of ux and ui. How do you turn the music off?!