★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

List of Developers In The China Market

05-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to 1stSPIN
List of Developers In The China Market

Just curious how many Developers here are in the China market and how your games are doing?

I am as of a few months ago and so far our games are doing better than in the markets outside of China.
05-09-2015, 05:35 PM
isn't anyone there yet , except they opted out ?

05-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
isn't anyone there yet , except they opted out ?

Are you saying you were but now no longer are in the China market?
05-12-2015, 01:24 AM
I thought the China market would automagically be covered by itunes? I am not sure who is targeting China though. I would think most people just release in English and do not do the localization for China.

Rogue Agent Developer
Tweet me! @StephenRBerg
05-12-2015, 03:23 AM
localization for China is something most people wouldn't bother with unless their game was showing to be a success.

Please follow me on twitter @JamesDestined I post lots of development from both my game creation and professional development.
Time to measure - Brain challenge https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/time...820864672?mt=8
The light box, can you solve it (free) (on google play too)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6300?ls=1&mt=8
05-12-2015, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I thought the China market would automagically be covered by itunes? I am not sure who is targeting China though. I would think most people just release in English and do not do the localization for China.
It's a bit early, so far our incoming data shows that android is the platform that is bring us cash and it is not from google but from tencents through 5 house 2 of which need a limited company if you are charging or have paid in app in your game.

Today my co-designer is launch the stickman 2 free and we just launched my hero with in-apps. We have one game that is returning 2,000 to 6,000rmb a day. We expect that will dry up or will start to go viral. Only time will tell.

I have special interest in this because I now live in China and have been here for over 13 years developing my Apple ipod and iPhone accessory business and now onto the game. I did not expect that China would give us the returns it has and focused on the North American (foreign) market. I was wrong and now working on how to make the China market produce more and still trying to find a way to put a foot in the door into the other markets.