★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Joe Trewin
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 1.3 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Something strange is stirring in the Kuiper belt ...

A lone pilot cut-off from home is trapped in a strangely familiar, toroidal pocket of two-dimensional space.

Navigating an ever-growing shower of rocky planetoids the situation is growing desperate as numerous strange and aggressive space-dwelling entities attack.

Only fast reactions and a large slice of luck will ensure your survival in a fast-paced, retro arcade shooter.

joeyspacerocks's comments:
Remember when games where fun? Frantic? Fast? Unforgiving? Full of asteroids?

You're probably younger than me then. But here's your chance to re-live the glory years, but with MORE fun and MORE asteroids!

QB1-0 is a space shooter for iOS, cut from the classic coin-op cloth of days gone by.

Here, take a look at this preview video:

Thank you for your kind attention and hope to see you beyond the Kuiper Belt soon.
05-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Why hasn't anyone commented on this game...It looks like 'asteroids' on steroids..my type of game!I would like to know if there is a joystick & fire button??or at least left/right arrows for moving?Please tell me it's not a tilt based game?THANKS.

05-11-2015, 04:24 PM
Looks very familiar, but cant quite put a finger on it.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Looks very familiar, but cant quite put a finger on it.
Maybe Alien Space Retro?
05-12-2015, 07:42 AM
Just bought it. It looks great, but the controls are, to put it bluntly, absolutely horrible. It has some weird swipe control scheme that is incredibly cumbersome to use, and there is zero precision in them whatsoever. If it had a more standard control scheme, a la Meteor Blitz, it could be a great game... But with the way the controls are now I will likely never play it again. I don't know what the dev was going for with them, but they don't work, unfortunately.

Edit- I just figured them out, they aren't as bad as I thought. The ship is always shooting and always moving "forward", you just move your finger side to side to rotate the ship and adjust its heading. Now that I've figured them out, I can definitely recommend the game to those that like old school space shooters like this. It's not ground breaking, but it doesn't aim to be. The controls aren't the best, but they are more workable than I had previously thought. It's definitely a gorgeous looking game and certainly has that old school flavor. I apologize for the first half of my post, mea culpa.

Last edited by Grimstone82; 05-12-2015 at 08:00 AM.
05-12-2015, 07:46 AM
^Thanks for the post. Yeah the games cheap but it sounds like the controls are crazy so despite loving the retro look and vector graphics i'm passing on this one
05-12-2015, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
^Thanks for the post. Yeah the games cheap but it sounds like the controls are crazy so despite loving the retro look and vector graphics i'm passing on this one
I edited my post, I should have given it a few more minutes before I posted. I'd say it's worth the buck if you are a fan of these sort of games. Not the best controls, not by a long shot, but my difficulty with them at first was my fault, not the game's.
05-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Control is fine, just swipe the finger left or right to rotate the ship. the ship is shooting and moving constantly.

Reminds me on Asteroids DeLuxe. Really cool retro shooter with a superb arcade feeling.

Last edited by meril; 05-12-2015 at 02:39 PM.
05-12-2015, 06:10 PM
Control is NOT fine. I don't mind trying new things I believe in innovation but when you are fighting the controls more than the game that's a problem. It needs a proper control scheme. A solution might be an analog stick for direction and a left/right slider for strafe. Leave in the auto fire and auto forward movement if you want it would be much better.

05-12-2015, 11:40 PM
Hi! Dev here.

Thanks for everyone who tried the game and especially for the feedback.

The controls are definitely divisive and I've definitely not made it easy by not providing any on-screen help, so something to rectify in a future update. Sounds like I need to provide some options for more traditional controls as well.

You can swipe up to boost which adds a much finer sense of control once you get used to it.

Again, I really appreciate the feedback and will take it on board for further versions.

I'm about on Twitter if anyone wants to rant at me @joeyspacerocks