★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Notice for iPhone users: An iPhone 4S or above is recommended for best performance

"The Last Warlock is a fantastic bit of medicine for anyone who has grown a little weary of the norm in this genre, and a breath of fresh air even if you haven't." - Touch Arcade - 4 out of 5 stars

"If you've got any love for strategy RPGs, you shouldn't let this one pass you by." - Touch Arcade

The Last Warlock is a turn based strategy and role-playing game. Command your Warlock across a series of hand-crafted quests, encountering monsters, traps, puzzles and enemy Warlocks!

- Journey through varied magical lands on your quest to discover the secret of the last warlock.
- Featuring over 60 spells.
- Summon mythical creatures to do your bidding.
- Attack your enemies with fire, lightning and magic.
- Craft swords, shields and potions to aid in your quests.
- Use loot from your battles to level up and prepare for the next adventure.
- Customize the appearance of your Warlock and power up with new spells and abilities.
- Replay quests to discover hidden areas or defeat challenging monsters as you gain power.
- True emergent gameplay rarely seen in mobile games.

The Last Warlock features an extensive single player experience and an exciting multiplayer battle mode where you can play hotseat or online asynchronous battles against up to four human or computer controlled Warlocks.

- Takes advantage of Metal on modern devices to provide additional graphical quality.
- iCloud keeps your saved games shared across devices.
- Game Center achievements and leaderboards.
- Multiple difficulty levels for casual players or expert strategists!
- No consumable In-App purchases, no timers, and no pay to win!

Note: In-App purchases are an optional extra to unlock spells early. The game has been balanced to be played without them and contains no form of consumable purchases. After each quest you gain spells and XP to upgrade your Warlock and defeat the next quest.

Additional note: We rely on the community to report issues. If you experience a problem, please email support@sonicsloth.com. We respond to support requests quickly.
05-09-2015, 09:54 PM
Why would you charge 5 dollars for your game and then have in app purchases?

I hope this does not have timers or consumables that need to be bought.

05-09-2015, 10:10 PM
There are no timers in the game - it's not that kind of game. The entire game is designed to be played without making any additional purchases. It mentions this in the App description.

The IAPs are there for things like getting extra maps, and for players that want to go nuts on making themselves super powered early on. This kind of thing is a tough decision for a developer. I considered disabling the optional purchases just to avoid putting people off like yourself. Past experience on other games pushed me to include them though.

Sonic Sloth - Web: SonicSloth.com - Twitter: @SonicSlothGames
05-09-2015, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSloth View Post
There are no timers in the game - it's not that kind of game. The entire game is designed to be played without making any additional purchases. It mentions this in the App description.

The IAPs are there for things like getting extra maps, and for players that want to go nuts on making themselves super powered early on. This kind of thing is a tough decision for a developer. I considered disabling the optional purchases just to avoid putting people off like yourself. Past experience on other games pushed me to include them though.
I wish you luck. Looks like it might be a good game.

Question though, how does the game (multi-player) stay balanced if some people purchase an iap to make themselves super powered early on and others do not?

Thank you.
05-10-2015, 12:02 AM
Multiplayer mode doesn't allow you to do that. Warlocks have their spells and strengths randomly distributed at the start of a battle to keep it fair. It's not possible to 'pay to win'.
05-10-2015, 10:47 AM
Well I'm intrigued. Anybody have imps?
05-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSloth View Post
Multiplayer mode doesn't allow you to do that. Warlocks have their spells and strengths randomly distributed at the start of a battle to keep it fair. It's not possible to 'pay to win'.
Thank you so much for giving an answer without being offended.
'Pay to win' is just so frustrating, especially to my (and others') foster kids who most times, don't even have the ability to earn a dollar.

One of my kiddos is saving to purchase this game and now I feel comfortable telling him to go for it.

Good luck to you.
05-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Please know that people are far more likely to pay the price of admission if they can view a gameplay video; not merely a 30-second trailer.
05-10-2015, 03:26 PM
This looks interesting. I will keep my eyes open for more info.
05-10-2015, 04:04 PM
Looks cool. Took the plunge. I'll leave impressions later.