★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Epic Cat Runner is in many ways an amazingly cute and interesting game that will quickly become one of your favourites!" - Intellectuapp.com

Epic Cat Runner is a cute and delightful endless runner arcade cat game with huge selections of costumes and power-ups! Run through the city avoiding obstacles and hop around the buildings to collect coins and reach high scores with your own, personalised cat!

Epic Cat Runner features:

Free to play!

Endless customisation options!

Three levels with scaling difficulty!

Helpful boosts, items, and collectibles!

Challenging and rewarding achievements!

Social media high scores so you can share and compete with your Facebook friends!

Daily challenges with epic rewards!

EPIC TIME mode for huge coin bonuses!

With unique customisation options and social media scoreboards, every run can be a personal statement of skill or style or both! Perfect for little kids and big parent-sized kids, Epic Cat Runner is the game that never stops!

REVIEWS

"Epic Cat Runner does a great job of making you fall in love with the cute little cat character in this one, and with a winning combination of great game play and entertaining sound effects this is one of the better endless runner apps youll come across in the App Store." - AppPicker

5 STARS - "Great and simple concept game to pass the time. The animation is really cute!" - Cjkim76

5 STARS - "Fun and addictive!" - Mmaxwell83

To keep up with daily challenges and weekly sales, follow Epic Cat Runner on Facebook: www.facebook.com/epiccatrunner
05-12-2015, 03:45 AM
#2
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Taiwan & Japan
Posts: 2,122
Cat plus runner equal instant download ^^

05-12-2015, 04:05 AM
#3
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Taiwan & Japan
Posts: 2,122
Ok after a few minutes playing it here is what I think of it, first of all yes it's a good runner, I like the controls, I like the art works and most of all, I am crazy about cats, so I guess the fact that I myself have 3 cats (2 black cats) really help, but there are a few things that stop me from giving it 5 stars, first the timer! To be honest, I would pay to get rid of it, even if it's a few dollars, I hate timers very very much! I was a huge huge bust a move fan until this year and their horrific mobile game full of timers, so this is really a huge problem to my point of view, if I want to play more than 5 runs in less than 15 minutes, then let me play those runs and don't put those timers, let me pay to get rid of it, then the background, it's really nice and I like it very, but I think a bit of diversity wouldn't hurt, different sky colours (morning, day and night maybe, or rain and snow) or different roofs (maybe houses). And finally the music! Sorry but the music is really bad, I didn't try yet but is it possible to play my own music? If yes then never mind my comment.
I think a few more contents and an IAP to get rid of those timers and the game will deservedly get 5 stars as I enjoy it very much! The loading screen is just too cute, I love it! Well done guys and please continue the good work, I'll happily purchase a few coins to support you!
05-13-2015, 07:07 PM
#4
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 1
Neat little game!

Been lurking these forums for a while and thought I'd try my luck with a review ^^

It's a pretty simple runner game but with a cat so that's a major plus for me. The costumes seem pretty cute, I haven't been able to unlock anything major but so far I'm enjoying what's there for me.

It's fairly easy to pick up and play whenever you've got some downtime so I like that about the game very much.

My only gripe about the game is that I'd like to see some more levels in the future!

Other than that though, the game is cute and fun in its own way and I'll keep playing for now ^^
05-18-2015, 11:33 PM
#5
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 2
Hey! Thanks for the great feedback.
We really appreciate you playing the game and letting us know how you felt about the game.
We think it's a really valid points and we are planning on next update with some changes that might fix
some frustration people might have. Again thanks for playing the game and hope you enjoy little longer
07-16-2015, 08:55 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
Ok after a few minutes playing it here is what I think of it, first of all yes it's a good runner, I like the controls, I like the art works and most of all, I am crazy about cats, so I guess the fact that I myself have 3 cats (2 black cats) really help, but there are a few things that stop me from giving it 5 stars, first the timer! To be honest, I would pay to get rid of it, even if it's a few dollars, I hate timers very very much! I was a huge huge bust a move fan until this year and their horrific mobile game full of timers, so this is really a huge problem to my point of view, if I want to play more than 5 runs in less than 15 minutes, then let me play those runs and don't put those timers, let me pay to get rid of it, then the background, it's really nice and I like it very, but I think a bit of diversity wouldn't hurt, different sky colours (morning, day and night maybe, or rain and snow) or different roofs (maybe houses). And finally the music! Sorry but the music is really bad, I didn't try yet but is it possible to play my own music? If yes then never mind my comment.
I think a few more contents and an IAP to get rid of those timers and the game will deservedly get 5 stars as I enjoy it very much! The loading screen is just too cute, I love it! Well done guys and please continue the good work, I'll happily purchase a few coins to support you!
Hi djstout, thanks for the comment!

I'm really glad you're enjoying all of the fun parts of the game, and I'm just as glad that you're able to provide some constructive feedback. We'll definitely look into an alternative to the timer system; as a first-time developer we wanted to explore our options as far as the free-to-play model goes, but if that doesn't work for players then it doesn't work for us.

Multiple backgrounds are a great idea! Do you think it would be cool if they changed based the time in your location?

As for the music, we're sorry you didn't like it. You could always just turn off the in-game sound and play some music from your phone if that's more your style.

Thanks again for the support and the feedback!

Last edited by mahoganygoo; 07-16-2015 at 08:59 PM.
07-16-2015, 08:58 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by taroboba View Post
Been lurking these forums for a while and thought I'd try my luck with a review ^^

It's a pretty simple runner game but with a cat so that's a major plus for me. The costumes seem pretty cute, I haven't been able to unlock anything major but so far I'm enjoying what's there for me.

It's fairly easy to pick up and play whenever you've got some downtime so I like that about the game very much.

My only gripe about the game is that I'd like to see some more levels in the future!

Other than that though, the game is cute and fun in its own way and I'll keep playing for now ^^
Hi Taroboba, thanks for the review!

We're really glad you like the costume selection we have at the moment. We added a bunch of new costumes for you to enjoy with our latest update and we're looking to expand this even more into the future.

As for levels, what kind of environments would you like to see? Would a more developed city environment be cool, or are you thinking of jungle environments, or forests, or deserts?

Thanks again for the review and we hope you're still enjoying Epic Cat Runner!
07-17-2015, 12:30 AM
#8
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Taiwan & Japan
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahoganygoo View Post
Hi djstout, thanks for the comment!

I'm really glad you're enjoying all of the fun parts of the game, and I'm just as glad that you're able to provide some constructive feedback. We'll definitely look into an alternative to the timer system; as a first-time developer we wanted to explore our options as far as the free-to-play model goes, but if that doesn't work for players then it doesn't work for us.

Multiple backgrounds are a great idea! Do you think it would be cool if they changed based the time in your location?

As for the music, we're sorry you didn't like it. You could always just turn off the in-game sound and play some music from your phone if that's more your style.

Thanks again for the support and the feedback!
Haha, sorry about my very harsh comment about the music, I got used to it. Real time back ground is that what you mean? So if it's morning the background will be set in the morning? Could be great! Did you guys played Alto? The reason why a lot of people (including me) loved it is probably because of the changing background, morning, day night
07-21-2015, 08:55 PM
#9
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibjelly View Post
Good game I agree with what the person above said about the timer. I found it not very challenging to begin with takes a bit of time before it speeds up and get's going.
Hi jibjelly, thanks for the response! Judging by your critique of the timers would it be safe to say that you would prefer to just be able to play the game until you're tired of playing the game, rather than having to stop because of having no more run chances?
07-23-2015, 08:23 PM
#10
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
Haha, sorry about my very harsh comment about the music, I got used to it. Real time back ground is that what you mean? So if it's morning the background will be set in the morning? Could be great! Did you guys played Alto? The reason why a lot of people (including me) loved it is probably because of the changing background, morning, day night
Not a problem! While we're glad it stopped annoying you, what was it about the soundtrack that did irk you? What sort of music would you have liked to have instead if we can't find a way to implement iTunes library importing?

Yea, that's what we were thinking. Alto's Adventure is pretty much the gold standard for endless runners at the moment and I've spent way longer than I'd like to admit playing it. We're looking into having sunrise/sunset, day time, and night time backgrounds right now.