★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Just finished Rolando, somewhat Dissapointed

12-20-2008, 01:32 AM
Just finished Rolando, somewhat Dissapointed

I thought it, though very charming and well put together, was very short for the price. If Ngmoco doesnt announce downloadable levels then I will feel greatly let down by Rolando. Its a great game yes, but so so short.

You guys think downloadable levels are likely?
12-20-2008, 01:33 AM
How many hours did it take you to complete it?

12-20-2008, 01:34 AM
How long did it take you to beat?

"Insert generic signature here"
12-20-2008, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopoly View Post
I thought it, though very charming and well put together, was very short for the price. If Ngmoco doesnt announce downloadable levels then I will feel greatly let down by Rolando. Its a great game yes, but so so short.

You guys think downloadable levels are likely?
I don't think so... Isn't Rolando a game that fallows a story?

Maybe they can have a Custom mode or something like that, so you can get downloadable levels.
12-20-2008, 01:40 AM
It took me roughly three and a half hours to beat the game, but I have only gotten the speed requirement on three levels.

It's pretty short, and the last area is much, much easier than the third.

It is absolutely still worth $10, though. This game is Fun (with a capital F).
12-20-2008, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyplay View Post
It took me roughly three and a half hours to beat the game...
That seems pretty damn short if you ask me. Also, I thought Neil said the levels get longer as you progress through them?
12-20-2008, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyplay View Post
It took me roughly three and a half hours to beat the game, but I have only gotten the speed requirement on three levels.

It's pretty short, and the last area is much, much easier than the third.

It is absolutely still worth $10, though. This game is Fun (with a capital F).
Blahhh... I still know about Rolando...
Although the colourful circles are quit appealing

"Insert generic signature here"
12-20-2008, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everydaynormalguy View Post
That seems pretty damn short if you ask me. Also, I thought Neil said the levels get longer as you progress through them?
No, not really. The levels in the City are the longest because they require such precise movements. The last section is much more heavily puzzle-based, which I'm frankly a lot better at. I beat most of the last levels getting all the jewels and saving all the Rolandos in my first go-around. A few required some restarts, and on Twin Peaks, the third-to-last level, I lost a Rolando; I went back and saved all of them after I beat the last level.

And the last level, without revealing too much, goes pretty quickly once you figure it out.
12-20-2008, 03:44 AM
Yeah seeing this game end so soon is a tragedy. I mean it was worth the ten bucks but only barely, seeing the potential it could have and then seeing a short ass game with 36 levels pisses me off. I mean it would be so easy to have user levels and downloadable level packs like in bike or die 2, and if it had that everybody would buy it, and i would never put it down.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
12-20-2008, 03:48 AM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
marrrr

another setback to my purchase :[

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !