Universal Color Worlds - upcoming puzzle game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by neeksdk, May 12, 2015.

1. neeksdk

neeksdk Active Member

May 10, 2015
    #1 neeksdk, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
    Hey toucharcade!

I'm indie developer and I want to introduce to you my first puzzle game for iPhone and iPad.

Game description:
    Color Worlds is a unique puzzle where you will be able to visit our unusual painting Museum. It’s not just a museum. It’s the Museum of emotions and the mood. To dive into the world of each painting and to understand the mood at the moment of its creating by the painter you will have to go a hard way. Using intuitive game controls transfer the paints in the right places. It will allow you to open previously shaded area of paintings and in the end you will see the whole painting.

Hope you would like the game :)!

AppStore link.

Here is the trailer: https://youtu.be/4DK0q62tFvY

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. neeksdk

neeksdk Active Member

May 10, 2015
    puzzle games

Someone interesting in puzzle games?

3. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    Can you explain the gameplay? Looks interesting, but I'm having trouble understanding your game mechanic from the video.

4. neeksdk

neeksdk Active Member

May 10, 2015
    Here it is.

The game begins with the location of the "Museum." This is an interactive room, which presents ten paintings depicting fantastic stories - worlds. The player can scroll the museum right or left to view all paintings. Some area on the paintings are missing (not painted). Therefore, to see the whole image at first impossible. These missing areas are game levels. To see what is depicted in the painting, player will have to pass them all.

Levels in the game are the playing field of 5x5 wooden cells on the board. On the game board lays colorful strokes of paints, that shows the correct arrangement of colors in the game. The same information is contained on a miniature image to the right - the level map. The player must transfer color paints on the board in accordance with this order. However, this is not so easy. Only one cell is opened on the playing field. On that cell can be transferred only the one nearest color paint, thus releasing the next open cell. The mechanics of the game vaguely reminiscent of the classic "Fifteen", but here the player rearranges color paints instead of numbers.

For completing of each level of the game player is given from one to three tubes of paint. They needed to unlock new paintings in the museum. One tube is given to the player for the correct placement of the paint, the second - if the player is complete the level within a certain time, and the third - if the player complete the level with the open cross symbol hidden somewhere on the board.

Feel free if you have any questions.

5. neeksdk

neeksdk Active Member

May 10, 2015
    Release date

Release date has been set to 27.05.2015.

6. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Congrats on your first game!

The pictures look nice. The story or concept seems fun. I am still a little unsure regarding game play but it does intrigue me.
    I guess I'll wait for some feedback after it is released.
    I suggest that you make and post a video that better describes the how to of the game play.
    And; if you already had people testing your game, maybe requesting some feedback from them that they or you could post here and any where else you have announced your game. If not, maybe find a couple of people (family, friends or actual gamers from here or a different forum) willing to play the game so they can provide some good feedback in the forums for you. It does really help keep your game alive longer when TA members post feedback/impressions.

Some questions:

If it is levels... How many levels are there?
    Cost? Premium or freemium?.
    If it is free/freemium, will there be an iap to remove ads?

Good luck to You!

P.s. If someone sends you a pm asking to try your game for free because I wrote this, ignore them and report the post.
    No one here appreciates beggars or people taking advantage of someone.

7. neeksdk

neeksdk Active Member

May 10, 2015
    Hi Lavender!

Our game tested by family and friends. I will ask them to post some feedback here.
    About gameplay, I will prepare video about it in next three days. A link to the video I post here.

Now I answer your questions:

- There are 10 paintings and 5 levels on each + secret levels
    - Game is free for first 10 levels. Cost 0.99$ for the full version.
    - No iAds (I hate them:) )

Thank you for your questions, hope you will like the game.

8. miragi4

miragi4 New Member

May 18, 2015
    Hi!
    My name is Anna. At the request of Andrey, the developer of the game Color Worlds,
    I would like to share with you my opinion about this game. I had the opportunity to test beta version of the game before it was sent to Apple.
    In my opinion the game was very exciting! On the surface it looks like a "Fefteen" and seemed very simple, but after a few levels I realized that I was wrong. It is necessary to think. Very easy at first levels, but after that, when I had feeling that I beat the game quickly, begins a surprise. We have to prepare our brains. Apart from the fact that you need to think logically, you need to care about the changes, taking place in the museum. But I will not reveal all the surprises, that await players.
    I liked the fact that each level is a part of the big picture, and I wanted complete all the levels of painting quickly to to see all reproduction entirely. I seen. But I wanted to see the next picture and the next one. Seemed to me, each painting is very unique and curious. In general, the game took my time. Encouraged that each painting has its own musical composition and quote of great men.
    In general, I liked it very much. I think that fans of puzzles, which are able to find a way out of even the most complex situations, it is necessary to taste)

9. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Developer
    I love puzzle games. From the video alone, it is hard to understand the gameplay, so I would also suggest to post a gameplay video explaining the controls. For now: congrats on your first game and good luck. Btw. imho going free + yap for full is a good way to go.

10. neeksdk

neeksdk Active Member

May 10, 2015
    Thank you DarkStyle! I will post gameplay video in next 2 days.

11. Dasett

Dasett New Member

May 19, 2015
    Hello everyone !
    I'm one of the testers of the game. In fact, the gameplay is very simple and at the same time deep enough to captivate a long time. After mastering the first level you will be clear how to play. In my opinion the main feature of the game - is to teach players to make quick and right decisions in a short time . It is very good for the brain training .
    I wish you all the luck in the game!

12. nook

nook New Member

May 19, 2015
    Review

Hi all ! ive been tested the fist 2 levels of this game. After passing interactive tutorial, the game mechanic become clear enought. I appreciated challenge , sounds and friendly gameplay in this game.I also noticed that understanding of the mechanics of the game still does not allow to easily pass the levels))

13. neeksdk

neeksdk Active Member

May 10, 2015
    Gameplay video

Hi everyone!

As promised, I've added a video of the gameplay. Sorry for my english and accent :(
    I hope I explained all aspects of the game. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

14. neeksdk

neeksdk Active Member

May 10, 2015
    I posted a video at the beginning of the thread.
    Here is the link to YouTube:

15. neeksdk

neeksdk Active Member

May 10, 2015
    And here is a short promo:

I think it's better than trailer, so I send it to AppStore video. Hope you like it.

16. DarkStyle

DarkStyle Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Developer
    Nice! The gameplay video is a bit long, but it explains everything needed to understand the gameplay. I like the way how this old puzzle principle made it into a mobile game. Using painting tubes instead of stars is also a nice idea in this context. Since I love puzzle games, I will definitely try this one.

17. neeksdk

neeksdk Active Member

May 10, 2015
    Thanks for the kind words DarkStyle!
    I'm glad you liked the game!

18. neeksdk

neeksdk Active Member

May 10, 2015
    Release of the game

Finally, the game has been released. Here is the link to AppStore.
    I will wait for your feedback. Thanks.

19. neeksdk

neeksdk Active Member

May 10, 2015
  20. neeksdk

neeksdk Active Member

May 10, 2015
    We starting promo-codes contest for our fans. Enjoy it here :).