★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Care to help an indie? Which teaser vid for our Word/Adventure game do you prefer?

05-12-2015, 04:19 PM
Scroodles! A word/adventure game!

Hi everybody! My indie studio is releasing our first mobile app: A word-adventure game called Scroodles.

We're putting together a few possible 25 second preview videos for the App store and we're looking for opinions. If you have a moment, could you let us know which of these videos you like best?

Trailer A:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nGRqRBoeB8
Trailer B:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAaigNgGaGs
Trailer C:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Sa_KFaO18

Also, if anyone is interested in playing a beta build of Scroodles, PM or e-mail me your e-mail. I'm at MadSallyGames@gmail.com. I'll send you an invite to the Testflight beta build! You must have iOS 8 to test the beta.

Last edited by MadSallyGames; 05-12-2015 at 04:45 PM.
05-12-2015, 10:29 PM
I enjoy word games, and Scroodles has kind of peeked my interest. Looks like a fun game. I bet it must be difficult to sum up a game in a 25 second clip. I would probably go with Scroodles Teaser Trailer B, because it shows a variety of the characters that you have to fight.

But to be honest, it might help if you added the explore 70+ levels map and maybe show off some of the power ups, like in the 1:40 clip.

Will Scroodles follow a freemium or a premium model? And safe to say a possible summer release? I wish you the best of success with your 1st game and i will definitely keep watching for the release.

Last edited by new_ipodtouch5G_owner; 05-12-2015 at 10:35 PM.

05-13-2015, 04:44 AM
I prefer trailer A but the noise of some of the characters takes you out of the soothing feeling the lovely music creates.
I am definitely going to play this regardless of which trailer you go for, it looks gorgeous and I also enjoy word games. The vampire and pig noises would make me look for an sfx off option though.
05-13-2015, 05:31 AM
Looks Great

Cool promo videos, love the character animation. Out of the 3 I think B was the best, all very similar.

Hope this helps! Good Luck with the launch.

The Great White Ape
05-13-2015, 07:28 AM
Tough one. I like that B shows more enemies (especially since they have so much character!), but I find the other two videos are better at explaining the game. B might be slightly too fast-paced since it's trying to fit more in?
05-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the great feedback guys!

To answer a couple questions: Yes we're going with a player-friendly free-to-play model and we're hoping to release in the next few weeks.

As for the videos, we've been torn between creating a video with an overall 'feel' of the game to trying to show as much gameplay variety as possible in 30 seconds! I think we'll go with a variant of the 'B' video. Thanks for your help!
05-13-2015, 03:57 PM
Congrats on developing your first game!
I liked Both B and C. B has a nice variety of things. C shows 'their turn' which makes that aspect clear. I couldn't figure out that the scroodles would also be playing in videos A and B. You could merge this into B. I'm in for testing, I'll send you an email.
Just one thing. Your title "Care to help an indie" isn't very appealing and seems like you're pleading for attention. See if you can change it to something better.
Anyway, good job. How long have you guys been working on this and how many in your team?

Last edited by sgk.george; 05-13-2015 at 04:06 PM.
05-13-2015, 05:14 PM
Hey, looks interesting, I only got how the game works from C, but maybe thats because I'd seen A and B first? Anyway, actually A or B are better trailers...keeps the intrigue and highlights the USP that you're fighting the little dudes...
05-13-2015, 05:23 PM
I liked option C the best. I thought it was the clearest at explaining what a Scroodle is
05-13-2015, 10:56 PM
Visually I liked B best because of all the cool characters but C explains the gameplay a lot better. So I agree with sgk.george, mix the two together. Looks like a fun game, would love to see some screenshots of the characters.

Community Manager
Spunge Games
- Twitter - Facebook - Youtube -
Cartoon Survivor OUT NOW