★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

China vs USA - player data on a new game

05-12-2015, 09:18 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to 1stSPIN
China vs USA - player data on a new game

We are having good success with a game in China we just launched yesterday stickHero (My Hero in China)

It is available on iTunes and 2 Chinese sites.

After a day the results are 88 to 1 for China.

This is consistent with the previous game launched which brings in 2,000 to 6,000plus rmb or $300 to $1,000plus a day in ad revenue. The current game is testing in apps purchases plus free play ads.

I will give you some more data tomorrow.

Last edited by 1stSPIN; 05-12-2015 at 10:04 PM.
05-13-2015, 03:11 AM
Think you should keep this to one thread. You have a lot of threads about your experiences in China

05-13-2015, 06:28 AM
You might be right. Delete this if you feel it is out of place
05-14-2015, 11:35 PM
As I said if you feel you need to delete this thread then it is ok with me. In the meantime here is day 3 data

USA accounts for 9% of the downloads and China 91%

and it seems Chinese play longer

USA plays 4% and China 96%
05-15-2015, 07:06 AM
Hi there 1stSPIN,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

We are about to release our new game Roll'd and planning on distributing the Android version on the Chinese market. We found Appsborg.com who supposedly put/publish your game on the major Chinese Appstores, have you or anyone else here had any experience with them?

Also is it difficult to put you Android game on their major stores, like 360, hiapk etc or is finding a publisher the better compromise? The first barrier is of course the language, as signing up for 360 seems impossible without a Chinese cell phone (which is supposed to be filled out upon registration for receiving a verification number).

Seeing as you have experience on the matter at hand we would greatly appreciate some advice and tips. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just saw the other threads about requirements for releasing on the Chinese marketplace, so it seems going via publisher is the only option for us as of now. Of course if there are other viable options/tips we will greatly appreciate the info!

Last edited by MGP Studios; 05-15-2015 at 07:15 AM.
05-15-2015, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGP Studios View Post
Hi there 1stSPIN,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

We are about to release our new game Roll'd and planning on distributing the Android version on the Chinese market. We found Appsborg.com who supposedly put/publish your game on the major Chinese Appstores, have you or anyone else here had any experience with them?

Also is it difficult to put you Android game on their major stores, like 360, hiapk etc or is finding a publisher the better compromise? The first barrier is of course the language, as signing up for 360 seems impossible without a Chinese cell phone (which is supposed to be filled out upon registration for receiving a verification number).

Seeing as you have experience on the matter at hand we would greatly appreciate some advice and tips. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just saw the other threads about requirements for releasing on the Chinese marketplace, so it seems going via publisher is the only option for us as of now. Of course if there are other viable options/tips we will greatly appreciate the info!
The best is that you do it on your own but may be impossible if you are not in China. The 2nd best is to publish it with some Foreigners who are in China and willing to publish your game but I don't know of any at this time. The 3rd is to hand it over to a Chinese publisher and hope they are ethical and provide you with real data weekly on a given day every week. Keep us posted.
05-15-2015, 05:27 PM
Thanks and will do. Wrote to a few other publishers and will post the results/impressions. Cheers
05-15-2015, 09:31 PM
If you can design your games to have a Chinese feel to them you should be more successful. One thing for sure the free game ad return in China, Tencents if far, far, greater than it is with Google. What you need to do is attract a bit of attention so that players start to share with their friends on QQ and Wechat. My wife is doing a business in Wechat and withing a month she has a huge following. One person I know in Beijing who was struggling and started the same business using Wechat she now make about 150,000rmb a month which is not bad seeing that the average income is about 4,000rmb a month.

I am working on a game now that has a Renoir look with a girl dancing through a field hoping to attract the attention of teenage to early 20 girls. Here marriage, boyfriends is big with young girls and they fantasize about romantic relationships. I should be clear that China relationships are far different than that of USA. Hand holding in public is a huge hurdle for them to jump. And girls love to share these with the girlfriends via QQ and Wechat. I think the social media here has a huge opportunities because it is very clean and not polluted with spam and scam and trash like other social medias. Everything starts at a friend level and friend to friend so there is a lot of trust in what is being shared. about 10 years ago I built a successful business that earned millions using forums in the USA and tagging my nicknam as myself (tranparent) but that time has passed. If you expect to grow via facebook, forums, etc coming out of the blocks with zero you will not go far.

Good luck in China. I have been here for over 15 years but still learning because I too thought the market was not here and got some surprising data that changed my mind

Last edited by 1stSPIN; 05-15-2015 at 09:43 PM.
05-16-2015, 10:54 PM
The numbers are consistently higher for China but huge numbers. We still only have the game on 2 sites because of the in-app purchases which requires a limited company and we are working on that. Another game was launched without in-app purchases and will monitor it to see if we can pull the same results on all 5 sites.
05-17-2015, 11:38 PM
It's Monday afternoon in China and the data shows China with 91% of the downloads for today. It is evening in the USA so the numbers may change before the day ends