★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ferver, Inc.
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 39.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A rhythm-based endless runner using hilarious distractions to toy with the users.

PeteOzzy's comments:

Viking Remix Madness

Ferver, Inc.
Genres: Games Adventure Entertainment Music
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
A rhythm-based endless runner using hilarious distractions to toy with the users.

Supported Devices:
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone4
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone5
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPhone6
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 39.1MB

05-13-2015, 07:07 AM
Oh, i really hope this scratches the brilliant fun of Planet Quest in some way. It looks adorable cute and has (hopefully) this great soundtrack in it, as well. The only interesting game for me today...so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk4qbLwN9Lo

Off topic: thanks Pete for your incredible fast work, again!

Edit: ouch, completely missed it's free...hope for an unlock option.

Last edited by Qwertz555; 05-13-2015 at 07:15 AM.

05-13-2015, 07:57 AM
I forgot this was releasing this week. Definitely been looking forward to it.
05-13-2015, 08:38 AM
I love rhythm games, and Planet Quest was no different. This im really interested in.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-13-2015, 10:26 AM
This looks fantastic. I love Planet Quest, so I'm excited for this. Is the US release this week as well?
05-13-2015, 06:20 PM
Hey Locomoco,
The US version will be released tomorrow!
05-13-2015, 07:47 PM
I keep messing up with the triple taps.. Sometimes the sound cue seems too close to the beat and I always miss one tap. Maybe it's just me, I really suck at these rhythm games when the visual representation of the beat is not so obvious.

I also noticed that playing the tutorial from the options screen won't let you try the moves, like when you play it for the first time. Not sure if it's supposed to be like this, but I would rather be able to practice again.

Love the polished look and animations! Music is great too.. I wasn't able to get too far yet, but already heard the heavy metal and the chiptune variations. Will keep practicing!
05-13-2015, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferverstudios View Post
Hey Locomoco,
The US version will be released tomorrow!
Aww, yiss! Thanks, ferverstudios! I'll look out for it tomorrow. Huge fan of anything to do with Vikings and then throw in a rhythm game? Perfect combo. Also, love the guy in front shredding on the guitar. So excited!
05-14-2015, 03:00 AM
Very cool idea, but imo the lack of visual cues makes it harder than it has to be. At times the SFX are louder than they need to be and the sound cues get left behind in the mix. Still fun though. I hope it gets a patch of some sort.
05-14-2015, 06:58 AM
This is very hard to get in, i'm afraid. Hopefully people won't throw the towel too fast, because i almost did.

In the beginning, the music's rhythm isn't helping much, imho, though i like it, specially when brilliantly transformed into 8-bit or metal. Starting out with the same track will help you to get into the game the more you play, but it could get tiresome for some others pretty fast.

So far or near im in, i've only seen two different tasks. Both are announced with with an acoustic and a visual signal...react fast, very fast. Once the the captain is gone, so will the only visual clue for the 3-rows/taps. For me, it makes no difference with or without, since my orientation clearly belongs to the crew's voices. Of course I was expecting (wanting) more to row to the beat of the music.
The two acoustical clues aren't easy either. After the 2nd clue, the bell, you'll have to swipe. They easily can go under due to the transformed music and/or some new sfx sounds. Also, in my brain they sound too identical, i can hardly differ in the heat of my rowing. My highscore is only 1,2k and this far, no variation heard. Means, no off-beat tapping required. (Correct me if i'm wrong)

We have three lives and that's it. Lose the captain first, then the steerman plus one miss-row...i just have this feeling of a missed oportunity here. While i close my eyes to 95% when reading RPG, i wished i read those three letters in the description. Imho, this could have been way more than it actual is.

Give it a shot and judge for yourself. Never seen the Aurora Borealis or a Narval? See them here. Gorgeous.