★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Hardboiled is a Fallout inspired role-playing game with turn-based combat.

The blast was immense. Humanity finally had destroyed itself. The fallout lasted for weeks after the bombs went off. If you didnt die in the blast, you died in the coming weeks from radiation and disease. Everyone was fighting for survival in what's left of the abandoned towns and cities. Slowly the survivors are trying to put what's left of their lives back together, some even with force. Just like the other survivors, Max was trying to reclaim his life back. He drove from city to city trying to find a suitable place that was good enough to call home. However, after his latest stop, things got a little complicated starting with a few stolen car parts.

Will Max be able to get the parts back? Will he try his best to help those in need or just mow everyone down in his search. He is ready to become a fist of justice.

Features:
A deserted and dangerous town to explore.
Turn-based combat system.
Atmospheric graphics and sounds.
Tons of weapons and loot.
Reputation system to become good or evil.
Skill point stat system.
No Ads or In-App Purchases.

Note:
Game could be quite difficult for casual gamers.

Good luck and have fun!
05-13-2015, 06:21 AM
Well, I know at least two games I'm buying tonight!

05-13-2015, 08:03 AM
Hmm. I've never heard of this one for some reason, but it had me in the first sentence, "Fallout inspired".
05-13-2015, 08:20 AM
Bought ! Looks like my type of game, Fallout, turn based. Looks good, just bought it but i'll have a proper go later
05-13-2015, 08:28 AM
Looks good. I loved all Fallout games so far, so count me in.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
05-13-2015, 08:29 AM
Woh this looks solid. Cant wait for your imps guys!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-13-2015, 08:32 AM
Awesome! I've been sat here over an hour thinking I must be seeing something no one else is. Glad I was wrong!

Would love to hear some impressions too, got a lot of people here I love hearing reviews from in this thread. Can't really go wrong at that price either.
05-13-2015, 08:49 AM
The title reminded me of Chow Yun Fat's movie of the same title (which i really enjoyed watching), a promise of a fallout-ish gameplay (the classic ones, not the FPS), and the no ads, no IAPs makes it hard to resist this.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-13-2015, 08:50 AM
Okay i'll have a quick go !

Just started the tutorial, teaches you how to attack someone , you interact easily and can select different responses. When you punch someone you can then select where to punch (eg face or body). Did the short tutorial, walked about a bit on the map and spoke to some people

Think its really good, seems very smooth and hopefully the games pretty huge, the map seems a decent size.

Looking forward to playing more later, nice find Pete !!
05-13-2015, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Okay i'll have a quick go !

Just started the tutorial, teaches you how to attack someone , you interact easily and can select different responses. When you punch someone you can then select where to punch (eg face or body). Did the short tutorial, walked about a bit on the map and spoke to some people

Think its really good, seems very smooth and hopefully the games pretty huge, the map seems a decent size.

Looking forward to playing more later, nice find Pete !!
That's how exactly Fallout 1 and 2 are! Awesome to know they adapted that here.