★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The creator of the original mobile Snake is back!

Taneli Armanto and Rumilus Design have joined forces to bring you Snake Rewind! Iconic elements and intuitive gameplay from the original Snake are combined with cool visual effects, sounds and many new features. The result is a game that will entertain, challenge and delight you time after time!

Features include:
- Rewind the snake to continue the game even after crashing!
- Many different types of special fruit, with unique powers and effects!
- 12 levels with distinct visuals and music, unlocked by completing fun and challenging missions!
- Fruit store where boosters and items can be upgraded and purchased, using fruit that you collect while playing!
- Compete against other players for higher scores and rankings on the leaderboards, connect with friends on Facebook and Game Center!
- Fill the whole screen with the snake and find out what happens then!

Happy playing!

new_ipodtouch5G_owner's comments:

05-13-2015, 10:22 AM
From the creator of the original, as stated in the description.. You should review this 😉 I'm just downloading to see how it is..

See also: http://gu.com/p/486at for guardian article.

05-13-2015, 10:26 AM
Can't believe it's by the same guy who coded Nokia's Snake. Worth a download for that alone.
05-13-2015, 10:29 AM
Had a go, very nicely done, nice graphics and stuff. But its still 'Snake'. You know i love my retro games but I was never a huge fan of Snake, way too boring. Be good if this had extras the same way Pong was revitilized as Arkanoid.

Seems to be some sorts of power ups, i'll give it another go later
05-13-2015, 10:31 AM
Awesome! Interested to see how this plays! So many snake clones... glad to see the original creator get his hands on making an app version of it!
05-13-2015, 03:23 PM
Tried and my snake went random directions no matter the control setting. Glitch?
05-13-2015, 03:33 PM

Back up on the store.

Last edited by Wicked8146; 05-13-2015 at 04:32 PM.
05-13-2015, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by baldeagle86 View Post
Tried and my snake went random directions no matter the control setting. Glitch?
Same problem. Tried both tap and swipe control schemes, but the snake has a mind of it's own. Hopefully this is addressed, because I love the overall presentation.
05-13-2015, 04:43 PM
This game is excellent! On the surface it is a standard old-school Snake game with a retro vibe but added to the basic gameplay is a layer of upgrades and power-ups to keep you playing longer in addition to a Prince of Persia-esque rewind mechanic that activates when you die. There are no-IAP's that I could find but there seems to be room for them in the store and I imagine that purchasing currency for upgrades may be made available as an option in the future. Overall, this is top-notch retro action.

Note: My controls were reversed at the startup. I changed to swipe in the control settings and they seem to be working fine now.

Last edited by retr0spective; 05-13-2015 at 04:57 PM.
05-13-2015, 05:09 PM
Controls aren't very responsive. Too bad