★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: * Ranked #1 among Word Games in 99 countries *

Match colors and spell words in this one of-a-kind puzzle game. Win over 400 levels and save the adorable Languinis in this enchanting adventure. Ooh la la!

Elegantly pairing the match-three frenzy of Bejeweled with the word-making challenges of Scrabble App Store Editors Notes

FEATURES:

Match colored gems, uncover letters, and spell powerful words
Play more than 400 levels!
Try the new multiplayer mode! Are you smarter than your friends?
Use unique power-ups and special boosters
Enjoy stunning graphics
Free and easy to play, challenging to master
Collect special rewards every day
Easily sync your progress across multiple devices
Play in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian

While Languinis is completely free to play, some in-game items such as extra moves or boosts will require payment. You can turn off the payment feature by disabling in-app purchases in your devices settings.

Please Note: A network connection is required to download retina graphics.

Languinis is compatible with the iPhone 4S or newer, iPad 2 or newer, and iPad mini.

Are you already a fan of Languinis?

http://www.facebook.com/languinis
http://www.twitter.com/languinis
http://www.languinis.com

Questions or feedback?
support@languinisgame.com

Terms of Use: http://www.tiltingpoint.com/terms-of-service

zazzer's comments:

Languinis: Match and Spell

Tilting Point Spotlight
Genres: Games Word Puzzle
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Match, spell, and save the Languinis in this one-of-a-kind puzzle game. Bombola!!
The lovable Languinis need your help to defeat the Phoenix god that is keeping them captive.

Match colored gems, uncover letters, and spell the most powerful words to win over 50 increasingly challenging levels and free the little Languinis one by one. Familiar color match gameplay mixes with a word game in this unique puzzle hybrid.

FEATURES:
• Combines color match and spelling games in a wildly fun and addictive puzzle game
• Loaded with character! The lovable Languinis must appease the Phoenix god in a gorgeous Aztec-inspired world.
• Match tiles to uncover letters and form words to meet the level objectives – use unique power-ups to help you along the way
• 12 lavishly hand-drawn islands over 50 levels
• Stunning retina graphics and adorable characters
• Special boosters to help you pass those tricky levels
• Free and easy to play, hard to master

PLUS:
• Enjoy special daily rewards
• Seamless sync across multiple devices

While Languinis is completely free to play, some in-game items such as extra moves or boosts will require payment. You can turn off the payment feature by disabling in-app purchases in your device’s settings.

Please Note: A network connection is required to download retina graphics.

Languinis is compatible with the iPhone 4S or newer, iPad 2 or newer, and iPad mini.

Questions or feedback? support@languinisgame.com

Terms of Use: http://www.tiltingpoint.com/terms-of-service

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone5
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPhone6
  • iPadMini
  • iPad23G
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 85.3MB

05-13-2015, 11:21 AM

Hi everyone! Tilting Point (best known for Leo's Fortune) is here to reveal their next release, Languinis: Match and Spell. Developed by VRTRON, Languinis offers a brand new mashup of match-3 and word games.

Languinis is free-to-play and currently in soft launch in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand and will release worldwide on May 14. There are two layers to the gameplay: matching colored tiles to uncover letters and forming words to complete level objectives. The goal is to navigate island to island, freeing imprisoned Languinis as you go.

Check out the preview video below:

We know match-3 has been beaten to death with countless clones, but VRTRON has really made something different. We promise that Languinis is 100% free of sugar and gluten. The game contains no candies to crush, cookies to jam, or gummies to drop. Let us know what you think! Hope you enjoy.

Screenshots:

05-13-2015, 12:44 PM
zazzer, i have to admit, Languinis: Match and Spellis looks like a very interesting combination of match 3/word games.
I really enjoy word games, and have recently also started to play puzzle games... so now i may have the best of both worlds.

The artwork is fantastic, really vibrant and full of color. The visual effects are terrific and the character designs are wonderful. I found the in-game tutorial straight forward and very easy to understand (didn't have to read a lot)

I did notice some lag on my iPod Touch (5th) during some of the animations after completing objectives, but nothing major.

Languinis: Match and Spellis is extremely well designed and I really like this game.
I am looking forward to playing it a lot more and i do wish you much success with this game, i think it's a hit.

My 2 Cents - Tapping the little guy at the bottom, and then having him hit with lighting, i have to say is a really cool bonus.

Last edited by new_ipodtouch5G_owner; 05-13-2015 at 12:48 PM.
05-13-2015, 05:06 PM
Glad you're liking it so far! We plan on supporting this big-time with regular updates and a steady stream of features, big and small like that little lightning effect.

I appreciate the feedback about your iPod touch -- I'll let the devs know so we can QA it and learn if it is a hardware thing or something else.
05-13-2015, 10:21 PM
Is there and endless or high score mode?
05-13-2015, 11:17 PM
From Leo's Fortune to an all-out free to play game? When I saw you say, hey we made Leo's Fortune & this is our new game, I said to myself, awesome!!! I super well-made premium game! I was definitely wrong!!! I know that every game cannot be amazing & I want you to make money (hopefully for more great premium games) but I'm disappointed. I wish you the best, you deserve it but this kinda stinks. Thanks.
05-13-2015, 11:30 PM
This is a nicely done freemium game with plenty of charm and polish. I played a handful of levels and I am enjoying myself. There are lives, but I have not lost any yet (by failing a level). Worth a look.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
05-14-2015, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
Is there and endless or high score mode?
Not at the moment, but we are planning on adding one in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinHadoukin View Post
From Leo's Fortune to an all-out free to play game? When I saw you say, hey we made Leo's Fortune & this is our new game, I said to myself, awesome!!! I super well-made premium game! I was definitely wrong!!! I know that every game cannot be amazing & I want you to make money (hopefully for more great premium games) but I'm disappointed. I wish you the best, you deserve it but this kinda stinks. Thanks.
The Tilting Point catalog of games will keep growing with entries from all sorts of genres for different audiences. We're certainly not done with great, premium experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
This is a nicely done freemium game with plenty of charm and polish. I played a handful of levels and I am enjoying myself. There are lives, but I have not lost any yet (by failing a level). Worth a look.
Awesome. Thanks for your seal of approval.
05-14-2015, 11:30 AM
I like the game so far. It's still kinda early to judge, I saved only three languinis, but I'm not feeling any pressure to buy some power-ups yet. But as I said, it's too early to judge. There's still a lot of cards to unlock and game becomes more challenging each stage, at least for me as a ESL person. I don't appreciate the freemium model at all, it constantly feels you can "buy" your way through the game by purchasing enough power-ups and using them on every occasion even though you're not forced to do so yet. There's an energy system as well, you don't meet goals for the current level, you lose a life. It doesn't matter in early stages, but it might be a problem later. There's an option to continue by purchasing a few more moves for 10 coins when you run out of them, but it is just ridiculous considering the price for 10 coins is 0,99€. Because its premium model the overall gameplay feels a bit unbalanced. I didn't have a problem to finish all the stages with 3 stars so far except one case (I'm not sure, but I guess it was stage 9 or 10), I had to repeat it multiple times to successfully remove 50 pieces of specific color. If I'd used a power-up, it shouldn't be an issue, but I didn't want to. And I'm pretty sure it was by design, because I tried different approach with each attempt with almost same result in the end. But it happened once, so I'm still hoping for the best even though if the game was made as a premium title, I'm pretty sure it's balanced better. I'll be back with additional impressions later. The game asked me to rate it on multiple occasions, but I'm still waiting to make a final judgement. Anyway, it looks great (it downloads additional data for retina devices on a first run), sounds great as well. It's free, so why not to give it a try and decide for yourself, right? I'm constantly comparing it to my favorite word puzzle game Highrise Heroes, so I don't wanna make my decision lightly, you know. So far so good despite the reservations I made. Be back later.

Game Center / Google Play Games -> macplash
05-14-2015, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzer View Post
Not at the moment, but we are planning on adding one in the future.

The Tilting Point catalog of games will keep growing with entries from all sorts of genres for different audiences. We're certainly not done with great, premium experiences.

Awesome. Thanks for your seal of approval.
I know you make great games & this word games is cool & great production values I was just hoping for not free. You gotta make money & there is a wide audience that likes all komds of games so good deal to makes things for everyone. Thank you for being involved in discussions.