★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Choose from four classes: Man-at-Arms, Spellcaster, Pistoleer, or Marksman, and embark on an epic journey to protect the Empire! Deliver the King's justice to over 50 types of enemy across nearly 150 maps, with an assortment of nearly 120 items, including swords, guns, and magic rings!

Major Features:
-Choose from four different classes, and build a party of up to three warriors!
-Equip weapons, armor, and magic items and battle in classic RPG turn-based combat!
-Collect gems and other ingredients to craft items from Recipes!
-A long main questline plus many optional side-quests!

icepulse's comments:
Has anyone tried this one? It seems to have slipped under the radar.

09-19-2009, 09:01 AM
oooh, missed this one, yer right!

reminds me of turn based stategy games like UFO and lazer squad. nice and crisp in game visuals although they are totally let down by ugly blue info box at the bottom. bit of a shame that but not a game killer.

its a tough weekend to have had anything released, especially at this price range. imma sitting on the fence until someone feels like TOFTT

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014

09-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidbottle View Post

reminds me of turn based stategy games like UFO and lazer squad. nice and crisp in game visuals although they are totally let down by ugly blue info box at the bottom. bit of a shame that but not a game killer.

its a tough weekend to have had anything released, especially at this price range. imma sitting on the fence until someone feels like TOFTT
If I thought for even one second that it played like UFO, I'd pay twice the asking price.
09-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidbottle View Post

The fact they have no "action points" and all battle screens are in standard RPG mode (your folk lined up vs. the monsters on the other side) I SERIOUSLY doubt there is any sort of turn-based tactical stuff at hand here.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Well I decided to TOFTT, mainly because I was really interested in finding out how the game played. I'll have some impressions soon.

09-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Well to be honest, it's not quite as bad as Dire Soul. There was one crashing problem I experienced, but after rebooting it appeared to be fine. The character models are pretty neat, though the ends of the shadows are cut off and look weird. It is an RPG, not a tactical one either. Combat is simple turn based, and appears to have room for more party members to join you. The music is a bit odd, although it's not half bad sounding. I'll play a bit more and decide whether I like this game or not.

09-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icepulse View Post
If I thought for even one second that it played like UFO, I'd pay twice the asking price.
Come to think of it. They SHOULD put UFO on iPod - eh, maybe with just a tiny bit of enhanced graphics (just draw more pixels). I'll up you one, I'd pay thrice.

Beta tester for: Minigore, Defender Chronicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGamer View Post
10-12-2009, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
Well to be honest, it's not quite as bad as Dire Soul. There was one crashing problem I experienced, but after rebooting it appeared to be fine. The character models are pretty neat, though the ends of the shadows are cut off and look weird. It is an RPG, not a tactical one either. Combat is simple turn based, and appears to have room for more party members to join you. The music is a bit odd, although it's not half bad sounding. I'll play a bit more and decide whether I like this game or not.
Hi! Thanks for downloading my game, Hilltop. I'm open to suggestions for future updates which would improve it. If you have any suggestions for making the GUI or other parts clearer, or have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. I've decided to put the game on sale for the next two weeks, for $0.99, so I can get more feedback and hopefully improve the game (I've submitted the price change to apple, so I hope it goes through soon).

It's funny you should mention tactical RPG's, because the game I'm working on currently is exactly that, I have some (very early) screenshots here:
http://www.electroblitz.com/Electroblitz/Picture8.png
http://www.electroblitz.com/Electroblitz/Picture9.png

Cheers,
Will
10-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electroblitz View Post
Hi! Thanks for downloading my game, Hilltop. I'm open to suggestions for future updates which would improve it. If you have any suggestions for making the GUI or other parts clearer, or have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. I've decided to put the game on sale for the next two weeks, for $0.99, so I can get more feedback and hopefully improve the game (I've submitted the price change to apple, so I hope it goes through soon).

It's funny you should mention tactical RPG's, because the game I'm working on currently is exactly that, I have some (very early) screenshots here:
http://www.electroblitz.com/Electroblitz/Picture8.png
http://www.electroblitz.com/Electroblitz/Picture9.png

Cheers,
Will
It's always good to hear from developers, perhaps you could work on graphically tweaking the GUI to match the game, and also I noticed that parts of the shadows in the game are randomly chopped off. Some more detailed instructions would also be nice to have, as would a story.

10-12-2009, 07:01 PM
oki i nabbed this finally!

it crashed 1st time but a reset iphone got it running no bother. after selecting caster and venturing out into the unknown i was left kinda feeling, what do i do, where am i going. even to start with it would be nice to have some kinda intro mission/quest to familiarise yourself with the game. im very set against the blue text boxes, really out of place here, but the other visuals are really crisp and colourful, very detailed.

my main gripe then came with my first battle. i could use left and right attacks to mangle the killer pig but sadly, the cast button did nothing, and because of the lack of aforementioned instructions im left clueless as to why

im a bit imaptient with learning curves, espeically on handheld games, so at this point i quit the game and played soosiz lol

sorry i know theres prolly a cracking game here but im a little bit mistified as to where and why im mooching around the countryside. sommit to do with stones ..

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014