★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Capitals is a free and addictive social word game. Play against your friends to spell the best words and expand your territory. Use strategy to defend your capital and knock out your opponents!

Compete against your Facebook and Game Center friends
Auto Match to find random opponents
Personalize the look of your Capital
Keep track of your wins and losses with details stats

eeenmachine's comments:

App Store Link (Canadian):
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/capitals-free-word-battle/id968456900?mt=8

Post impressions here and your Game Center names if you want some friends to play against. My Game Center is eeen if you want a challenge!!!
05-14-2015, 10:18 PM
Looks fun and different.
I can't wait to try it!

05-14-2015, 10:22 PM
Actually enjoying this. Not winning lots, but still fun to pick up and play a couple of times a day.
05-15-2015, 11:27 AM
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
Actually enjoying this. Not winning lots, but still fun to pick up and play a couple of times a day.
Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions strategy-wise!
05-15-2015, 06:10 PM
I'm still playing the beta while awaiting for worldwide release. Absolutely love this game, currently locked in a great battle with a friend.

iOS needed a good new turn-based word game and THIS IS IT
05-16-2015, 07:27 PM
Enjoying this game tremendously.

It's fun and feels like there's just the right amount of strategy to keep it easy to play. I loved Letterpress for a little while but it looks like this might be my new love.

I've even been playing games with Tim Rudolph and David Marsh at Nimblebit which is awesome and funny at the same time. I don't think I've ever played another game and actually got to play vs. the devs before.

My only complaints are that occasionally, I'll play against a good player and I want a rematch but the game doesn't offer it to me at the end of the game, even if I have hearts. And I can't see them in my list to start another game against them.

Plus, I'm frequently playing the wrong side. I'm not sure why I get confused but I am, especially at the start of the game I would play surrounding the wrong base. I bet more than a couple people think I'm an idiot hahah But that probably just means I should pay the $3.50 and customize my tiles!
05-16-2015, 11:43 PM
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by negitoro View Post
Enjoying this game tremendously.

It's fun and feels like there's just the right amount of strategy to keep it easy to play. I loved Letterpress for a little while but it looks like this might be my new love.

I've even been playing games with Tim Rudolph and David Marsh at Nimblebit which is awesome and funny at the same time. I don't think I've ever played another game and actually got to play vs. the devs before.

My only complaints are that occasionally, I'll play against a good player and I want a rematch but the game doesn't offer it to me at the end of the game, even if I have hearts. And I can't see them in my list to start another game against them.

Plus, I'm frequently playing the wrong side. I'm not sure why I get confused but I am, especially at the start of the game I would play surrounding the wrong base. I bet more than a couple people think I'm an idiot hahah But that probably just means I should pay the $3.50 and customize my tiles!
Glad you like the game! We decided to give the winner the option to rematch because #1) They are the first player to see the game end, and #2) When we gave both players the option, both opponents would rematch each other and end up with two new games going.

Oh and past opponents will stay in your "new game" opponent picker until you delete their games in the "completed games" list.
05-17-2015, 06:43 PM
This game really is very fun. Good job devs.
05-17-2015, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeenmachine View Post

Oh and past opponents will stay in your "new game" opponent picker until you delete their games in the "completed games" list.
That's weird. I only see six people and it looks like they were people I played really early on. I also had those lists suddenly reset and I only see one name in the opponent picker now. Bug maybe?
05-18-2015, 04:06 AM
Still enjoying the beta immensely while I await worldwide domination!

When is the official date please as I want to get as many friends on this as I can.

Thanks