★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Galactic Nemesis $1.99 > $0.99 Today Only

05-16-2015, 01:05 PM
Galactic Nemesis $1.99 > $0.99 Today Only

Grab it before it goes back up. Enjoy!!

Download (might be propagating lower price, some stores are showing 1/2 off available now):
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/galactic-nemesis/id940595599?ls=1&mt=8

TouchArcade Review:
http://toucharcade.com/2015/05/13/ga...emesis-review/

Forum link:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=259954

- Charlie

Engineer / Creator of Galactic Nemesis for iOS. Brooklyn, NY

Last edited by wovencharlie; 05-16-2015 at 02:23 PM.
05-16-2015, 03:44 PM
Don't miss out on this one, TouchArcadians! This is the real deal. I've put hours into this. It's so worth it, especially at this price!

No IAPs, ads, timers, any of that! Just a straight up awesome game. Most authentic Galaga-style game out there in fact. I guarantee you won't be disappointed, even if you're only slightly interested in the shooter genre.

I've heard rumor of a full story mode to be added at a later date, along with a price increase from the normal $1.99. All the more reason to get it now! The app info is still showing $1.99 but it should be @ $0.99 soon if not already...

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 05-16-2015 at 04:43 PM.

05-16-2015, 04:59 PM
You are correct!

I'm extending the sale through the end of the day Sunday, especially since it's taking so long to change to $0.99 in the app store.

- Enjoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherkellydown View Post
Don't miss out on this one, TouchArcadians! This is the real deal. I've put hours into this. It's so worth it, especially at this price!

No IAPs, ads, timers, any of that! Just a straight up awesome game. Most authentic Galaga-style game out there in fact. I guarantee you won't be disappointed, even if you're only slightly interested in the shooter genre.

I've heard rumor of a full story mode to be added at a later date, along with a price increase from the normal $1.99. All the more reason to get it now! The app info is still showing $1.99 but it should be @ $0.99 soon if not already...

05-16-2015, 09:31 PM
I love Galactic Nemesis! If you were a fan of Galaga, you NEED this game. Great, great, great!!!

It has dominated my gaming for the last 3 weeks.

*still shaking fist at AKD* (who is currently ranked #1 on GC)
05-17-2015, 08:56 AM
Downloaded yesterday and agree its a terrific game! Glad to have it on my device, a keeper for sure.
05-17-2015, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
Downloaded yesterday and agree its a terrific game! Glad to have it on my device, a keeper for sure.
Awesome, glad to hear it has a cozy spot on your phone for a while. Expect more great things to come.

05-17-2015, 04:34 PM
Gosh wasn't expecting this- thought it would be good but not this good. Wow!
Lots of simple straightforward fun. I like having a shield instead of a one hit kill.
I like the speed of it and the difficulty curve- the more you play the better you get. Well designed shmup.

I also didn't realize how much I prefer galaga style shmup over the bullet hell type shmup like DU2- even if here graphics are retro and not the shiny bright modern eye candy. I guess in DU2, who has time to enjoy the fancy graphics when you are too busy dealing with the frenetic speed of too much going on at once?!
05-17-2015, 06:37 PM
Awesome! Glad you're enjoying it.

Only 4.5 hours left for the sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookingPie View Post
Gosh wasn't expecting this- thought it would be good but not this good. Wow!
Lots of simple straightforward fun. I like having a shield instead of a one hit kill.
I like the speed of it and the difficulty curve- the more you play the better you get. Well designed shmup.

I also didn't realize how much I prefer galaga style shmup over the bullet hell type shmup like DU2- even if here graphics are retro and not the shiny bright modern eye candy. I guess in DU2, who has time to enjoy the fancy graphics when you are too busy dealing with the frenetic speed of too much going on at once?!

05-17-2015, 07:18 PM
So what makes this better than the other Galaga clones? I'm definitely interested but have Galaga, Chillaxian, Radiant, and most of the others.
05-17-2015, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
So what makes this better than the other Galaga clones? I'm definitely interested but have Galaga, Chillaxian, Radiant, and most of the others.
I like the free roam aspect of this (relative touch) as opposed to the left/right movements of Galaga. Controls are tight, and there is a upgrade system for replaying levels. A more strategic scoring system, this is strictly premium, no ads, no iap, no timers. Bonus missions. Small footprint on your device... have I sold it yet? You have two hours! It's a buck! Grab it!!!!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80