Working on $0.10 a download with Google Play

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by 1stSPIN, May 17, 2015.

1. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    I have always been a believer that advertising can improve results. I notice that most ads are good but they cannot get the game idea across within the limits of what they can show are say within a header. In the past I had success using ads that within 2 words got the message across and as a result brought in considerable profit because the viewer was able to understand and decide if they wanted move forward or pass. I am working on doing the same with the games. It will take the right game and the right message. Keep you posted

2. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Had a boss that was convinced all titles to successful apps had to be 3 syllables long.

Po-cket Planes
    An-gry birds
    Fruit Nin-ja

and so on.

I am less so, as am I about a 2 word ad-copy. Good luck with your experiment tho, I am interested in the results.

3. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    #3 1stSPIN, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    I tried an experimental ad that used about 30% of the space not explaining the game but in picture form gave the source of the idea. I think I got about 311 downloads at a cost of $100. If that add generated the downloads or initiated the downloads then the cost was $0.31 a download.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The game is at this link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stick-hero-stickman-saga/id978927227?mt=8

4. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    #4 1stSPIN, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
    I will run a 2nd test on it as I write. Now that there is consistent day to day data I will see if that ad boosts the downloads