★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Shadowmatic ($2.99-->$0.99)

05-20-2015, 12:09 AM
Shadowmatic ($2.99-->$0.99)

Shadowmatic by TRIADA Studio
https://appsto.re/ph/AYXpU.i
05-20-2015, 03:58 AM
Im surprised no one's interested in this price drop. One of the best games available for the touchscreen for any gamer type.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

05-20-2015, 04:55 AM

05-20-2015, 08:36 AM
It's utterly fantastic. As soon as I can find the time I'll write a German review. Highly recommended! Let's hope the sale will last for (at least) another day. Thanks for the heads-up, E-P!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
05-20-2015, 08:40 AM
I bought this when it first released at full price and it was worth every penny. At the current sale price the game is a steal and should be on every system.
05-20-2015, 10:54 AM
well i don't know what all the fuss is about? they say this is such an original concept but actually
this puzzle game is a copy of a game called shadowplay for the wii. which was wiiware and was one of the first games to require the wii motion-controller add-on.

however, this is the first to use the making-shadows puzzle mechanic on ios that i know about.
and it does look nice and polished.

well, i bought it at this sale price - so i can see what all the fuss is about!

ps. in a few reviews people mention an uneven progression through the levels - meaning one level is very hard and the next is solved in a few seconds. yet i see in the latest update notes, that the Dev has tried to fix this - can anyone confirm this fix has worked?
05-20-2015, 11:53 AM
Are hints generated throughout the game? Or, once you use up the ones you get when you first install/start the game, is that it?
I have 2 foster kids that want to purchase this game. I know that they'll have to use the hints and then they'll need more, to keep playing the game. So, I need to know if the game will generate more hints when played. Or, if someone wants to keep playing the game when the hints are used up, does that mean they are forced to purchase the consumable iap's (hints) in order to play a paid app? (which personally I think would be despicable.)

Thank you!
05-20-2015, 12:18 PM
Hint monetization is fairly common is paid puzzle apps. Right now as far as puzzlers go I am playing bicolor, cut the rope, hitman go, and test chamber. 3/4 of those have hint/solution monetization. You are not forced to purchase these hints to play, I have never purchased a hint IAP and generally solve all of the puzzles with max effectiveness. If I were unable to fully solve them without hints I would opt for a different genre in the first place. I uninstalled Bears vs Art just yesterday because I didn't like the timers and didn't want to pay a ridiculous asking price to remove them.

Anyway, I just picked it up, looks good for the price. Anyone have any thoughts iPad vs iPhone? Looks like it would be better on the pad, and mine is full right now so I will not be able to try it for a while until I finish some other games.
05-20-2015, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
Or, if someone wants to keep playing the game when the hints are used up, does that mean they are forced to purchase the consumable iap's (hints) in order to play a paid app? (which personally I think would be despicable.)
Try to type Shadowmatic solutions into the YouTube search if you got stuck. It isn't that hard… (Btw it's the same in almost all iOS puzzle games.)

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
05-20-2015, 02:18 PM
In my opinion, this type of IAP is the best option for puzzle games. Why? For puzzle enthusiasts, they get a challenging game, similar to how physical puzzle board games and toys are. For those who arent as inclined with puzzles, there is at least an option to help you out that you cant abuse, unless you're really just bathing in cash and want to cheat through the entire game.

Another good part of this type of IAP for this type of game, is that the game has a pseudo trial and error system, which means you really dont need the hints but it'll take some time to get the right angles.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword