★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Age of Empires®: Castle Siege invites you to guide your empire through the Medieval Era and make your mark on history. Choose from one of several civilizations, including the Britons, Teutons, and Kievan Rus. Upgrade your keep, fortify your walls, and garrison defensive troops to protect yourself from marauders. Then, train an army to raid other cities, and command them in battle to dismantle your opponents defenses.

Over the ages, youll research technology, live through famous battles, and recruit a variety of heroes to your side, including Saladin, Richard the Lionheart, and Joan of Arc. Outsmart your attackers and outplay your victims to earn achievements and climb to the top of the leaderboards. Continue your gameplay experience across iOS and Windows devices via Xbox Live. Join the siege!

Echoseven's comments:

Age of Empires: Castle Siege

Microsoft Corporation
Genres: Games Action Strategy
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Age of Empires®: Castle Siege invites you to guide your empire through the Medieval Era on your Windows PC or touch screen device. Choose from one of several civilizations, including the Britons, Teutons, and Kievan Rus. Upgrade your keep, fortify your walls, and garrison defensive troops to protect yourself from marauders. Then, train an army to raid other cities, and command them in battle to dismantle your opponents’ defenses.

Over the ages, you’ll research technology, live through famous battles, and recruit a variety of heroes to your side, including Saladin, Richard the Lionheart, and Joan of Arc. Outsmart your attackers and outplay your victims to earn achievements and climb to the top of the leaderboards.

Take command, and make your mark on history!

Supported Devices:
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone4
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPhone4S
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPad23G
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 318.5MB

05-20-2015, 01:22 AM
Really enjoying this one - you can control all your troops in battle making it more of an RTS than your typical CoC-style "spawn troops and watch them focus the wrong thing".
I'll leave more impressions as I get further in.

It's important to note that this has been out for a while on windows, and you can play this on your PC as well as iPad.

05-20-2015, 02:12 AM
05-20-2015, 02:23 AM
Omg I love Age of Empires when I was young. I am always using cheat code like "BigDaddy" to crush opposition which was fun.

Hope this is not like the other COC clones.
05-20-2015, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenken11 View Post
Omg I love Age of Empires when I was young. I am always using cheat code like "BigDaddy" to crush opposition which was fun.

Hope this is not like the other COC clones.
Well, like I said you can control all of your troops individually in battle, which already puts it beyond CoC.
But yes, you develope a city and attack other cities. Walls actually mean something in this game tho. They are tall and imposing, and you need special troops to deal with them. Like battering rams and ladder-men.
05-20-2015, 03:37 AM
Sigh... I wish they'd port one of the AoE titles in addition to this.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-20-2015, 03:39 AM
Also wish they would make a old game called castles for iOS too. Loved it on the Amiga, designing own castle and defences
05-20-2015, 04:36 AM
Well you be surprised you can make some very big meatly bases with this game

Streaming some of the newest and hottest games on youtube search touchgameplay
05-20-2015, 05:25 AM
Yeh I've seen some awsome bases, my only gripes so far are that the troops seem really tiny and sometimes fiddly for me to control when trying to target troops attacking my troops.

But I'm happy to put more time in and see how this unfolds for me, I do like the idea of getting a cool base and that it's similar to bases from the game. As I use to spend all my time building huge impenetrable bases and wouldn't care about attacking anyone lol

I think they are pretty generous giving 4 builders straight off the bat too! Although I'm not attacking yet as I only had 1 opponent I could beat, the other 3 had loads of walls and towers I couldn't beat.
05-20-2015, 05:43 AM
the game requires a permanent internet-connection?