★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Road trip games

12-20-2008, 03:51 AM
Road trip games

I'm planning a looooooooooooooooong road trip in a couple days (part of it is through Kansas) with one other person and I'm looking for a game that we can play while driving. By that I mean the person behind the wheel can just tell the passenger with the iPhone what to do on their turn.

So far I'm thinking Monopoly is my best bet. Lux DLX is looking pretty awesome and it's the same price, but it might not be so easy to play without concentrating on the screen. It probably wouldn't be worth it at all actually.

I think Monopoly would be the easiest the play on the road and it's a long game.

Any others I should consider?
12-20-2008, 04:01 AM
Punch Buggy is a good one. And it's free

12-20-2008, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
I'm planning a looooooooooooooooong road trip in a couple days (part of it is through Kansas) with one other person and I'm looking for a game that we can play while driving. By that I mean the person behind the wheel can just tell the passenger with the iPhone what to do on their turn.

So far I'm thinking Monopoly is my best bet. Lux DLX is looking pretty awesome and it's the same price, but it might not be so easy to play without concentrating on the screen. It probably wouldn't be worth it at all actually.

I think Monopoly would be the easiest the play on the road and it's a long game.

Any others I should consider?
lol. Kansas. Umm i would say monopoly. I mean theres pretty much only one type of game for this (board games) so monopoly is your best bet.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
12-20-2008, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
lol. Kansas.
It hurts me just to think about it. I love driving though this country, but I hate going through the planes. It was neat going through Kansas the first time, but you can only stand driving in a straight line and looking at the horizon for so many hours.
12-20-2008, 04:43 AM
Try driving and playing ZA! I can almost imagine how it will work.

"Left, left, left, no, right, yeah there, build that cannon, left, left, up, up, up somemore, up, yeah there, go upgrade that axe, go left, no i mean right, no i mean down and right, yeah down somemore, right, right right, damn my shack, activate the shack defense!"
12-20-2008, 04:59 AM
Take EDNG with you

Currently Playing: N.O.V.A, Skater Nation, 33rd Division, 7 Cities, Karnival.
Looking Forward to: GTA: Chinatown Wars, Ravensword (update), 1112 ep 02 and yeah the hangover on 1st
12-20-2008, 05:05 AM
Scrabble or any others of its ilk could be good ones too for a long road trip since they'll be easier to control while in a moving car. That is, if you're into those sort of games.
12-20-2008, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer_megadeth View Post
Take EDNG with you
Seriously, NotYou is in Colorado and I'm in AZ so it's feasable...
Better yet, we can form some kind of detective team and solve mysterious cases along the way. We shall call ourselves Police Cops...

Last edited by Everydaynormalguy; 12-20-2008 at 05:53 AM.
12-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Im from Kansas so I can feel your pain having to drive across the state - As for games to play while driving, any of the trivia games would be good (you could read the question and answers aloud and let the driver answer) - my favorite trivia games are: Are you smarter than a 5th grader, who wants to be a millionaire, and Game show king (All three games have TONS of questions so you probably won't run into repeats).
12-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everydaynormalguy View Post
Seriously, NotYou is in Colorado and I'm in AZ so it's feasable...
Better yet, we can form some kind of detective team and solve mysterious cases along the way. We shall call ourselves Police Cops...
Haha, awesome!