★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Do you neglect your console or gaming PC because of iPhone games?

09-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Do you neglect your console or gaming PC because of iPhone games?

Last PC game I played to any extent was Left4Dead... it took a long while of iPhone ownership to get into the habit of buying games through the App Store, but now I am hooked, and the value for money is generally very good.

With the iPhone I can play in short bursts then do something else. PC gaming requires more investment of time, plus it can only be enjoyed in one place, whereas my phone is always with me.

Also, I'm burnt out by the long narratives in games such as Fallout 3, between all the trekking from A to B and waiting for conversation trees to expire the gameplay is typically less concentrated than in the iPhone games, which waste no time in delivering the action.
09-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Only game I play on the wii anymore is Guitar Hero... Everything else I play is on my iDevice.

09-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Hell yeah i do. I barely have time to play my ps3
09-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Nope. I buy about 3 games a month for PS3. I also get in about 10 hours of Rock Band a week on average

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Nope. I buy about 3 games a month for PS3. I also get in about 10 hours of Rock Band a week on average
cool?

I really don't know what to say to that!

I mostly play Guitar hero, for when friends are round, and RPGs, for when they aren't. So I don't really have anything to replace them with in the iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
No. But there's a good chance she'll put her hand down there. Like we were holding hands in the movie, she moved our hands on my lap and I was just thinking...oh god please not now please stay soft
Reminding for when I get new iPod: Epic Win
09-19-2009, 06:37 PM
I can honestly say that it has cut back on my gaming time... It's just so convienant and has so many good games. Plus it's the only thing I have on me at all times... Not like I can shove my PS2 in my pocket and play FFX on the road (WHY!!!) so when I need a quick dose of gaming, it's right there for me.

I do find myself playing my consoles alot, just not like I used to.
09-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Yess

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
09-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by super6ft7 View Post
cool?

I really don't know what to say to that!

I mostly play Guitar hero, for when friends are round, and RPGs, for when they aren't. So I don't really have anything to replace them with in the iPhone.
It's worth noting I actually don't spend that much time playing all the games I buy It's only Rock Band I can keep going back to time and time again.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffyone View Post
I don't find myself gaming at home all that often.

The last time I pulled a longer console gaming session must've been...on the 9th, in celebration of the Dreamcast US launch anniversary.
Lol my last super long gaming session was last winter. I played Metal Gear Solid 1 for an entire weekend and beat it. Then again, I was really sick that weekend, but I think I felt better after playing it. Lol.
09-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Nope, I use my iPod Touch when I need something quick...

I still use my DS for long trips and my PS3/Xbox 360 at home for the most part.

16gb iPod Touch 2G Plus+ ID- ZZMitch
Last Bought- Pirate Bay, ARKANOID, GeoDefense Swarm, ORBITAL, Word Ace.
Waiting for-GTA:CW, Plants Vs. Zombies, Assassin's Creed II, Riddim Ribbon and Nova.