★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Manhunt for IOS? What are the possibilities?

05-26-2015, 09:06 AM
#1
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 215
Manhunt for IOS? What are the possibilities?

For some reason this morning I found myself thinking about Rockstar's Manhunt....so I began to wonder. What would the chances be for this game to be ported to IOS?

Most likely there is little to no chance....any thoughts?
05-26-2015, 09:22 AM
#2
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: On the toilet
Posts: 4,283
I guess it could be possible only because they already have a presence on ios.

05-26-2015, 09:35 AM
#3
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 215
I wonder if the violence factor would make it difficult for Apple to approve the game?
05-26-2015, 12:34 PM
#4
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiza616 View Post
I wonder if the violence factor would make it difficult for Apple to approve the game?
They approved GTA so really it would be hypocritical not to approve this. Would love to see it happen.
05-26-2015, 12:38 PM
#5
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiza616 View Post
For some reason this morning I found myself thinking about Rockstar's Manhunt....so I began to wonder. What would the chances be for this game to be ported to IOS?

Most likely there is little to no chance....any thoughts?
It would be highly unlikely because of the subject matter and the controversies surrounding the original release ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt...29#Controversy ). When you have the AppStore rejecting games because there are people holding guns in the promo trailers, they're not going to touch Manhunt with a 10-foot pole.

You have to remember that iOS is a mass-market device, not a dedicated game console where more extreme subject matter is better tolerated. Even then they are still not immune to watchdog groups. Given today's climate towards gamer culture, allowing Manhunt on the AppStore would be a PR disaster for Apple.
05-26-2015, 02:25 PM
#6
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 290
To the OP, This is 100% Possible currently if your phone is jail broken! Using the PPSSPP (PSP emulator) you can dump your legally owned UMD of Manhunt 2 into an ISO file and transfer to your phone! Problem solved! Also the gameplay is smooth with graphics maxed
05-26-2015, 02:36 PM
#7
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgeirge View Post
To the OP, This is 100% Possible currently if your phone is jail broken! Using the PPSSPP (PSP emulator) you can dump your legally owned UMD of Manhunt 2 into an ISO file and transfer to your phone! Problem solved! Also the gameplay is smooth with graphics maxed
you are wrong,that PSP emulator not work on ios8...i try to play silent hill but no possible on ios8...

Game center ID: ip4weather
Upcoming horror games: The Apeiron Project Forgotten Memories In Fear I Trust Nowhere
05-26-2015, 02:50 PM
#8
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ip4weather View Post
you are wrong,that PSP emulator not work on ios8...i try to play silent hill but no possible on ios8...
I'm very much right buddy lol. Make sure you're using the newest version, and have the official PPSSPP developer repo added to your Cydia sources. I'm on iOS 8.1.2 & the emulator works perfectly for me. Even has MFI support.

PS, The silent Hill games have terrible emulator support, usually very laggy even on PC's.
05-26-2015, 02:52 PM
#9
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,410
did you try silent hill?I need to download PSP games in iso format right?Hope screen is good...will try now on iphone 5...thanks

there is 33 version on there repo,what to install? dev-latest,dev-working or 1.0?

Game center ID: ip4weather
Upcoming horror games: The Apeiron Project Forgotten Memories In Fear I Trust Nowhere

Last edited by ip4weather; 05-26-2015 at 02:55 PM.
05-27-2015, 05:52 PM
#10
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ip4weather View Post
did you try silent hill?I need to download PSP games in iso format right?Hope screen is good...will try now on iphone 5...thanks

there is 33 version on there repo,what to install? dev-latest,dev-working or 1.0?
Id use the latest version of the software. Also, Don't Mention pirating in these forums dood. Pretty sure it's against forum rules