★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pirate Waters

09-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Pirate Waters (Submitted!)

We are working on a new game called Pirate Waters.

We'd like to show you a couple of screenshots:

and a short video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

new screenshots:

Pirate Waters submitted to AppStore!

Thanks

Last edited by bootant; 09-27-2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason: submitted
09-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Looks tight.
BTW, happy talk like a pirate day!

Let's ponder our existences!

09-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Pirate day! Arrrgghh!!!

The graphics are acually pretty impressive! Unlike some 2D games

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.
09-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
Looks tight.
BTW, happy talk like a pirate day!
Thanks!

Here is the link:
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

happy talk like a pirate day to you too!
09-20-2009, 08:58 AM
It looks very good, but I'm a bit dissapointed that i once more looks the same as Crazy Tankz and Crazy Choppers. More of the same. Why don't you continue developing and make it like Sid meiers's pirates. That's really good.
09-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
It looks very good, but I'm a bit dissapointed that i once more looks the same as Crazy Tankz and Crazy Choppers. More of the same. Why don't you continue developing and make it like Sid meiers's pirates. That's really good.
When we released Crazy Tanks people told us that it is very similar to BiiBall There are similarities between Crazy Tanks, Crazy Choppers and Pirate Waters. These games are similar, but Pirate Waters is more advanced game. It uses more advanced 3d engine. It has better graphics and sounds and we put more efforts into this game

We'd like to make this game more like Sid Meier's Pirates. We'd like to have some deep story, adventure and strategy in Pirate Waters, but our problem that we are very tiny team and we don't have enough people to make this kind of game
09-21-2009, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsFall View Post
Pirate day! Arrrgghh!!!

The graphics are acually pretty impressive! Unlike some 2D games
Thanks! We spent a lot of time and efforts working on our 3d engine
09-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootant View Post
When we released Crazy Tanks people told us that it is very similar to BiiBall There are similarities between Crazy Tanks, Crazy Choppers and Pirate Waters. These games are similar, but Pirate Waters is more advanced game. It uses more advanced 3d engine. It has better graphics and sounds and we put more efforts into this game

We'd like to make this game more like Sid Meier's Pirates. We'd like to have some deep story, adventure and strategy in Pirate Waters, but our problem that we are very tiny team and we don't have enough people to make this kind of game
I understand, but maybe you can add some things from Sid Meier's Pirates? For me, your game will be much better if you add these thing:
- In Sid Meier's Pirates you shoot from one of the sides (and not the front) and you have 3 weapon types that you can buy in a port: chain (damage sails), grape (damage crew) and normal. I would also like to see a fire weapon;
- The ability to sail into a port and see a menu in which you can buy new weapons, go to the tavern for tip's and talk to the governor;
- Wind directions;
- Ships that you can capture from enemy's and use for yourself.

These things and the open world make Sid Meier's Pirates fun for me. Offcourse the open world is difficult to make, but I hope the thing I listed above aren't very difficult?
09-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
I understand, but maybe you can add some things from Sid Meier's Pirates? For me, your game will be much better if you add these thing:
- In Sid Meier's Pirates you shoot from one of the sides (and not the front) and you have 3 weapon types that you can buy in a port: chain (damage sails), grape (damage crew) and normal. I would also like to see a fire weapon;
- The ability to sail into a port and see a menu in which you can buy new weapons, go to the tavern for tip's and talk to the governor;
- Wind directions;
- Ships that you can capture from enemy's and use for yourself.

These things and the open world make Sid Meier's Pirates fun for me. Offcourse the open world is difficult to make, but I hope the thing I listed above aren't very difficult?
Thanks for ideas! We'll think about these suggestions!

You can buy upgrades fro your ship. You can sail to this structure:

and you can buy upgrades: