Universal Gameplay Trailer+Closed Beta Sign up for Angel Stone!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fincon Milo, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fincon Milo

Fincon Milo Active Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Community Manager at Fincon
    Greetings!

I'm Milo, the Community Manager for Fincon. We've had tons of fun with the release of our first title, "Hello Hero", and are ready to kick things up with the release of our next title, "Angel Stone"

[​IMG]

You can check out our gameplay trailer here! -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPkV4li7FVQ

If you'd like to sign up for beta access, register at:
    http://www.angelstonegame.com/

Don't worry, we won't save your email address, spam you or anything of the like, just one email when beta launches with instructions on how to play. ^^

If you have any questions about the game, please feel free to post them here. I've personally written the bulk of the lore, played through the story mode more times than I can count, and for anything I can't answer directly am more than willing to pester the devs on your behalf.

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
  3. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I can tell you now, there is a lot of love for this style of game on these forums, and with the amount of effort that looks to have gone into it so far, it could be quite popular.

4. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Thanks Milo. Have been waiting on new updates since it was announced! Can't wait to play it! :)

5. Fincon Milo

Jun 1, 2014
    We appreciate the comments and support!
    Please feel free to share if you have any questions!

6. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Been playing Hello Hero for the longest time. (Armon) Excited to play this as well. Hope I get into the closed beta.

7. horizoniki

horizoniki Active Member

Oct 28, 2014
    Greetings, Milo.
    What's the game world structure gonna be like? An open world or a hub with set missions?
    Also, it looks like the play style could be customized which is amazing, but it appears that the game lacks character customization. A lot of modern social RPGs decide to overlook this feature these days for some reason. Will we ever able to customize things like hairstyle for example? :p
    The trailer left me quite intrigued, I wish you best of luck with the development and further release! The game already looks downright amazing. Signed up for the beta, can't wait.

8. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

Though there are a lot of games in this style, I feel the door is still wide open for someone to get it right. This looks very promising.

9. DeMoNiCxTuToR

DeMoNiCxTuToR Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2013
    I have a few Questions:
    1. Are all 3 Classes available from the start or are they locked behind IAP?
    2. Is there a Trade System/Auction House for Gear?
    3. What are the Minimum Req. for IOS Devices?

10. Fincon Milo

Jun 1, 2014
    Greetings Guardian! I'm really excited too to be honest. Also, I may or may not have added in some Hello Hero easter eggs into Angel Stone. Keep an eye out!

First off, your support means a lot, thank you!
    The game will feature instanced zones, basically set location hubs which you can explore different parts of as you go through various missions.

As for a greater depth of character customization, that's something I intend to fully pester the devs about religiously as we start planning out future updates. That said, for now your appearance can change based on gender, class, and armor equipped.

After launch, please be sure to let us know how you enjoy the beta! Either here or in PM I'd love to get your take on what we're doing right and where we can improve. = ]

I've always personally followed the idea that if you can't do something new, then you have to do it better. If we've done our jobs right, this should bring a little of both to the table. We really hope you enjoy it!

11. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    One of the thing I personally like about this one is the cross platform play. Also despite many similar types of games, not many actually allow true coop. And what's better than being able to smash things up along side with friends? And best part not restricted by the platform being played on.

12. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Requested a place in the closed-beta. I got an iphone 6 128GB and an iPad mini first gen. Also a controller from steelseries to test.
    Will this game be free to play and if so, please explain the model

13. Fincon Milo

Jun 1, 2014
    ---

1. You can choose from any of 3 classes from the start. Locking a key character class behind a paywall is not something I can see myself ever supporting.
    2. No, and as far as I know, no plans to integrate one.
    3. I'm honestly not sure because we also allow for playing at different qualities which may open the range for other devices. I'll check and get back to you with an answer after I speak with the devs. This may also change prior to launch as we continue to develop contents.

Thanks for your great questions!

14. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    This looks really awesome! I just registered for the beta, fingers crossed. Regardless of if I get selected I will definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

15. Mintslap

Mintslap Member

Apr 18, 2014
    #15 Mintslap, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
    Registered for beta and my body is ready as this looks amazing.
    Got some questions:
    1. Will this be FTP or a Premium Game?
    2. Can a single account be played on mutiple devices?
    3. Does it have IAP? And if it does, will it hinder or stall character or account progression?
    4. Does it have timers?

16. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    The million dollar question.

17. Sieye

Sieye Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    East Coast
    Registered. Looking forward to it

18. Fincon Milo

Jun 1, 2014
    Our thoughts exactly!

You kind of have two main questions so I'll break it down that way.

1. You can play the same account on multiple devices (i.e. Facebook and mobile)

2. This game is a Free to Play(FTP) title that offers In App Purchases (IAP).

FTP gets a bad rep because some titles use the FTP model the way a drug dealer approaches new buyers - start off generous with great product then put the squeeze on them once they're hooked. That's not how way we operate.

I've played through the game as a non-paying user and the only limiting factor I found during my play was that there was no one else online to do raids together with (so check out the beta so I don't have to do raids alone m'kay?). As long as you're active in the various game modes I think you'll find plenty to keep you occupied.

I could go on and on about our ethos, but actions speak louder than words. Feel free to check out the FB page for our first title, "Hello Hero" for more insight on how we operate. I hope that this answers your question satisfactorily.

Do I get a million dollars now?

19. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Fincon Milo, and everyone else over there, has done a great job of being extremely generous in their current FTP game Hello Hero. They even recently added an interesting mechanic to IAP's (something I have never seen)

-They have an energy & stamina timer, that can be filled up to 40.(They can overfill but the max is 40) They give out additional energy & stamina 3 times a day of each.
    -They have a 12 hour timer that gives you 1-3 carats(premium currency)
    -Based on referrals they can give you more carats
    -They offer boss raids that give you carats every 3 days
    -They offer hero expeditions (you send excess heroes you are not currently using away for 1-12 hours away, receive gold, carats, heroes, stamina, energy)
    -They have pvp that gives carats
    -They offer a monthly login bonus, that you login 25 out of the 30 days to receive(carats, high level heroes, high level items, energy, stamina, gold)
    -Guild bonuses
    -For completing maps, you get bonuses(heroes, carats, etc)
    -They have something additional called a dungeon that gives you stuff as well
    -They have bonus weekends, bonus weekdays etc.

I listed ALL that to say this. They have been one of the better, if not close to best company the good side of FTP, and I would have no doubt that this game will be the same.

20. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009

I'm sure this game will do well in terms of making a profit. Maybe if this game does well enough it will go premium like a few other games have.