★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Swipe Controls

Delve into the deep in this retro rogue-like!

Swipe to move your diver around and keep away from the enemies as you try to find out what lies in the dark at the bottom of the ocean.

An endless ocean of monsters to battle!
Epic boss monsters that will puzzle and more than likely ... beat you!

Beware of negative status effects and grab every bubble you can!

Follow @ThatDannyGuy and @FunnyLookingGs on twitter for updates and news.
05-27-2015, 11:21 AM
Woh this looks niiiice.

I really dont like the gameboy-ish green hue, but i like everything else i see here.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

05-27-2015, 11:26 AM
Wow! This looks cool!! I actually kinda dig the green screen. Now I wonder if this has any kind of items to buy or upgrades to help you get deeper or if it's more of a high score chaser? I'll look into it.

UPDATE:
Did some research. It looks pretty good in motion. The mechanics remind me a lot of Deep Loot by Monster & Monster. You can level up during the game, but once you die, you lose your EXP, but keep you level it looks like. Either way, I'm picking it up now.

Last edited by NOEN; 05-27-2015 at 11:43 AM.
05-27-2015, 11:57 AM
05-27-2015, 12:22 PM
While i suck at all these rogue-like games, i had my eyes on this. If i'm not completely wrong, sorry in advance, this adorable art style was made by Folmer Kelly (Irrupt).

Isn't a game like this supposed to have Gamecenter? This hold my buy back. Now i need to know more before diving in deep
05-27-2015, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
While i suck at all these rogue-like games, i had my eyes on this. If i'm not completely wrong, sorry in advance, this adorable art style was made by Folmer Kelly (Irrupt).

Isn't a game like this supposed to have Gamecenter? This hold my buy back. Now i need to know more before diving in deep
You mean gamecenter, so you can share your highscore? As far as i know, this game has an end. So I am not sure why this game needs Gamecenter tbh.
05-28-2015, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post

That is correct, I did indeed do the art for The deep!

And yeah, Danny didn't put in Game Center because it's not a high score chaser kind of game.
05-28-2015, 08:05 AM
Do u collect anything, upgrades, what's the objective?
05-28-2015, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Do u collect anything, upgrades, what's the objective?
The objective is to pretty much go as deep as you can go. No upgrades, but you level up the more you play which means you have more air supply, which means deeper exploration. It's a decent roguelike. I would have loved to see upgradable/different weapons and maybe some things to collect though. It's still a good game as is.
05-28-2015, 08:49 AM
Hey hey, Upgrades etc

Love to hear any feedback you guys have. We have a tonne of ideas in mind for upgrades and future awesome things! We just had to get the app out there and see how it got received before spending another 8 months on it.

So yeh, hopefully we'll be able to cover our bums and add more things for you! You can follow us at @FunnyLookingGs and you know send us feedback or ideas or what not

Thanks again if you have bought!

x