★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Adventures of Poco Eco - Lost Sounds $2.99 > $1.99

05-30-2015, 10:37 PM
Adventures of Poco Eco - Lost Sounds $2.99 > $1.99

Forum thread
05-31-2015, 07:54 AM
Had this on my wishlist so I bought it but... not impressed so far. I guess I'll think of it as an album for the price of a coffee, rather than a game - the music's not bad but so far the game strikes me as pretty dull, poorly designed, far too simplistic and fairly ugly to boot. Monument Valley this ain't. I don't get the sense I'm playing around with a toy or an interactive work of art at all - I'm slowly tapping random bits of the screen and watching this silly little character trudge slowly to the next half-assed puzzle. I appreciate you could describe Monument Valley like that, but... why all the horrible ultra-low-res textures where MV is clean, flat colours? Why so many spiky bits that don't look like much of anything where MV makes it immediately obvious what you're looking at? Why so much poorly done animation where MV made everything super-simple so they could get you to concentrate on the art and not someone's stupid "dancing" routine? Why is there no way of telling what bits of the background make a noise where in MV everything you had to touch instantly stood out, and why do most of them make the same sound over and over? Have these guys never played any of the music toys on the App Store? I should be mouth open at how amazing everything looks, tapping random stuff for the pleasure of hearing it change the music or seeing how it moves, and wanting to play the same levels over and over - as it is I'm wondering when every level's going to be finished. Still. Like I said, music's good, I guess, so that's something.

Last edited by EightRooks; 05-31-2015 at 07:56 AM.