★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Soundly strategic gameplay!" -iFanzine

"ReconInForce is one of the best TBS I ever played...on any platform" -Dan Huffman

"So many synergies and combos I am surprised a small indie company was able to pull off such a stimulative game" -Lost in Tactics

ReconInForce is a turn based strategy game using deception, ambush, and tactics. Dominate the field with an armada of troops and unlimited strategic options. Sneak through cities and forests or deploy smoke to hide until it is time to strike. Spy on the enemy with scouts to prevent surprises. Leverage the strengths of your commanders and soldiers to attack and destroy the enemys base!

ReconInForce Features:
-Test your strategies in single player with three difficulty levels
-Challenge your friends in online or local multiplayer
-Master eight unique commanders, each with a special gameplay style and tailored for specific strategies and terrain
-Command over 30 unique units with characteristic personalities that add depth to gameplay
-Conquer more than 20 battlefields that offer a variety of strategic options for defeating your opponent
-Jump into action as the commander of the 17th Guards!

Follow on Twitter @ReconInForce or check out the Facebook page Recon in Force
06-02-2015, 05:52 PM
Video Gameplay

06-02-2015, 06:26 PM
Looks great

Game play trailer is pretty long, but it looks great. Love these sort of strategy games, graphics look pretty good too. Downloading now!
06-04-2015, 11:02 AM
Don't see this getting much attention, which is too bad because its really well done. Still not sure about the AI and how the difficulty changes behavior, but a few matchups have been challenging, which is encouraging. Haven't tried multiplayer, as there's more than enough maps to keep single player interesting. It's turn based, but it queues commands in a way, allowing you to plot attacks as quickly as select a unit and pick its target, expediting the pace as needed. The IAP model is straight forward: pay a premium to unlock different factions, however the default army is so well balanced, doesn't appear necessary. Either way, game lets you "demo" each faction without IAP, which is cool. Kind of wish the game gave a battle summary, but it does track overall achievements and ranking. If your into the Advance War style turn-based play, don't hesitate, this should satisfy.
06-04-2015, 11:04 AM
Official Gameplay Trailer

Hey guys,

Here's a more condensed gameplay trailer that you might like: YouTube: video

And the App Store link: http://apple.co/1IiYYYi

Thanks,

Garren
06-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Thanks! Glad you like it! Here's a post you might enjoy about the game's AI: http://www.reconinforce.com/rif-behi...screen-the-ai/

I should add a section about what changes between different difficulty levels. Let me know if you want to hear more about it. Thanks again!
06-04-2015, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmattergames View Post
Don't see this getting much attention, which is too bad because its really well done. Still not sure about the AI and how the difficulty changes behavior, but a few matchups have been challenging, which is encouraging. Haven't tried multiplayer, as there's more than enough maps to keep single player interesting. It's turn based, but it queues commands in a way, allowing you to plot attacks as quickly as select a unit and pick its target, expediting the pace as needed. The IAP model is straight forward: pay a premium to unlock different factions, however the default army is so well balanced, doesn't appear necessary. Either way, game lets you "demo" each faction without IAP, which is cool. Kind of wish the game gave a battle summary, but it does track overall achievements and ranking. If your into the Advance War style turn-based play, don't hesitate, this should satisfy.
I have to agree with the positive review, looks and feels very professional. Just would like to know if more single player content will be added before i buy the value pack.
06-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragan View Post
I have to agree with the positive review, looks and feels very professional. Just would like to know if more single player content will be added before i buy the value pack.
Thanks! No additional commanders/factions are planned but more maps will arrive with each update. And those maps will be free!
06-04-2015, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garren View Post
Thanks! Glad you like it! Here's a post you might enjoy about the game's AI: http://www.reconinforce.com/rif-behi...screen-the-ai/

I should add a section about what changes between different difficulty levels. Let me know if you want to hear more about it. Thanks again!
Fascinating article, nice approach to coordinating AI. My original comment was really about how difficulty level changes AI behavior. Perhaps I missed it in your blog, but it appears difficulty levels modify AI budget?
06-04-2015, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmattergames View Post
Fascinating article, nice approach to coordinating AI. My original comment was really about how difficulty level changes AI behavior. Perhaps I missed it in your blog, but it appears difficulty levels modify AI budget?
Yup! AI budget is one of the differences between the levels. The AI on easy attacks less, deploys fewer troops, and doesn't use abilities. The AI on Hard is very aggressive in territory control, even at the expense of its own units. The Hard AI also can see through the fog of war. (So it cheats a bit)