★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The 'Battles of the Ancient World' game system is a tactical simulation of some of the greatest and most important battles from 1457 B.C. to 378 A.D.. Each, of the 5 scenarios available, features one of these great battles and players may play as either side. Each unit in the game represents an actual unit that participated in the battle, each with an actual strength between 250 and 1,200 men. The map represents the actual terrain over which each battle was fought. The game in the series has been designed to ensure maximum playability and historical accuracy, in that order. There are 60 different units across all the missions, ranging from elite Roman Legionaries, to Egyptian Chariots. Each unit has its own unique ability that you need to take advantage of in order to win each battle.

High Definition Era Graphics.

8 Mission Tutorial Campaign.

5 Campaign maps.

All missions, except the tutorial, can be played as both sides.

3 levels of difficulty.

Over 50 Unique Units.

Detailed Combat Analysis.

Flank Attacks

Strategic Movement.

Hours of Gameplay.

Detailed Reference Charts.

Game Centre Achievements

iCloud Save

Map Zoom.

Find us on Facebook facebook.com/HexWar
Follow us on Twitter - @HexwarGames
Game Forum - hexwar.com/forums

Thank you for supporting our games!

2015 HexWar Games Ltd.
All Rights Reserved.

PeteOzzy's comments:

Battles of the Ancient World III

HexWar Games Ltd
Genres: Games Entertainment Board Strategy
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$3.79 NZD

Quote:
The 'Battles of the Ancient World' game system is a tactical simulation of some of the greatest and most important battles from 1457 B.C. to 378 A.D.. Each, of the 5 scenarios available, features one of these great battles and players may play as either side. Each unit in the game represents an actual unit that participated in the battle, each with an actual strength between 250 and 1,200 men. The map represents the actual terrain over which each battle was fought. The game in the series has been designed to ensure maximum playability and historical accuracy, in that order. There are 60 different units across all the missions, ranging from elite Roman Legionaries, to Egyptian Chariots. Each unit has its own unique ability that you need to take advantage of in order to win each battle.

High Definition Era Graphics.

8 Mission Tutorial Campaign.

5 Campaign maps.

All missions, except the tutorial, can be played as both sides.

3 levels of difficulty.

Over 50 Unique Units.

Detailed Combat Analysis.

Flank Attacks

Strategic Movement.

Hours of Gameplay.

Detailed Reference Charts.

Game Centre Achievements

iCloud Save

Map Zoom.

Find us on Facebook facebook.com/HexWar
Follow us on Twitter - @HexwarGames
Game Forum - hexwar.com/forums

Thank you for supporting our games!

2015 HexWar Games Ltd.
All Rights Reserved.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone4
  • iPad23G
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone4S
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPadMini

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 349.7MB

06-03-2015, 05:39 AM
Is it just me or is there one of these a week?
Are they any good?
06-03-2015, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
Is it just me or is there one of these a week?
Are they any good?
I think it's because HexWar Games have moved to self-publishing. A lot of these were already available under Hunted Cow (I think that's the one) and now they've been re-released under their own studio. I've heard quite a few good things about them and because of the situation, there are normally reviews already out for them.
06-04-2015, 05:42 AM
Actually these are not Hunted Cow games at all but a brand new series of games from Hexwar and the boardgame company, Decision Games. While the Hunted Cow Ancient games are good, this new partnership are producing an excellent product and I am looking forward to the future of the Hexwar, Decision Game Allliance....