★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The Long Siege (A real-time puzzle game)

06-03-2015, 07:30 PM
The Long Siege (A real-time puzzle game)

The Long Siege
iOS / Android Game

•
•
Update: Our official trailer is up!

•
•
July 19th 2015
Quote:
Announcing our release date - 23rd July 2015!
Thank you everyone for your patience! The time is finally here and we are ready to announce our release date - The Long Siege will be coming to the App Store on 23rd July 2015!!!

We'll be counting down to the launch with postings each day, stay tuned for goodies incoming! Heads up, we'll be sharing our launch trailer real soon

To start off...

Action-packed winter wonderland, this is my personal favourite
•
•

For anyone who is new to our thread, check out more game info below!

Hi everyone! We’re really excited to share with you guys our iOS/Android game, The Long Siege, that’s coming up real soon this June 2015.

To describe it in a line: It’s an action-packed, role-playing, real-time puzzle game that uses an unconventional match 3 belt system. Sounds like quite a handful, doesn’t it? It is! But that’s what makes the game delightfully hectic and engaging.

Match tiles to summon your units and embark on a siege against enemy towers that are dominating the world. The path will not be easy as it is ridden with unique enemies and bosses, but you can level up your characters, unlock ultimate weapons for each class, bolster your defenses and earn powerful upgrades that will enhance the gameplay and change your playstyle as you progress. Oh have we mentioned upgradeable tiles!?

The game will be a one-time purchase with no ads or in-app purchases. To find out more about The Long Siege, check out our website at http://www.thelongsiege.com/

Here are some artwork concepts for the game, and also a GIF beta preview of the gameplay. We're still working on some videos, hang tight!

Update: Announcing it here first on TouchArcade, our gameplay teaser is ready! Check it out

•
[Concept Art]
•

•
[Beta Preview]
•

•

We’ll continue to update our thread and pages in the upcoming weeks, stay tuned for more news and updates! Let us know what you think so far, we welcome and appreciate any feedback. And if you guys have any questions feel free to ask, we'd love to share more details with you. Thanks for checking us out!

•
[Updates]
•

June 5th 2015
Quote:
Upgrade systems
Here's a quick look at one of the concept screens for some of the upgrades, these ones are unlocked by completing achievements.

(note: text may change)
•
•

June 6th 2015
Quote:
Upgrade Screen
We also made a GIF to show what the upgrade screens are like in game, it's a seamless transition so that navigating around will be easy and hassle-free

(our gifs are still wip but we're getting there!)
Quote:
All upgrades can be seen visually in the game, either graphically so (looks-wise) or differing in effects or both. So upgraded weapons (and characters etc) will have different appearances from their previous counterparts, in more ways than one
•
•

June 9th 2015
Quote:
Game Center
There is GameCenter integration for the game so you can challenge others and compare scores on the leaderboards
•
•

June 12th 2015
Quote:
Upgradeable Tiles
Here's showcasing the different tiles available for unlocking and upgrading in game (there are some special variations that aren't shown here)

•
•

June 14th 2015
Quote:
Tile Varieties
Matching goes by color, shape and image on the tiles. The image posted above is a display of the tile varieties available in game (not to show the actual matching system or tile board). 1st three rows show the unit tiles that are upgradeable as you level up your characters (left being what you start out with and right being the highest level) and the 4th row consists of other utility tiles that are also paramount to gameplay. We have a few more special tiles that aren't revealed here
•
•

June 18th 2015
Quote:
Seamless UI Transitions
We've prepared a few goodies to showcase some features, these ones highlight the seamless transitions of the game UI, a simple swipe is all you need

[from UI to game start]

[level up and unlocking upgrades]

Update: June 20th 2015

[sub-level transition]
•
•

July 3rd 2015
Quote:
AppStore Screenshot
HI EVERYONE!

Sorry we've gone under the radar for awhile now but we wanted to make the game as perfect as possible for you ... and this is it! We are finally ready to submit our game to Apple!!

Here's a sneak peek at one of our screenshots for the AppStore (you'll see we've updated our visuals as well!)

•
•

July 15th 2015
Quote:
App Update
Hi guys!! We're still waiting for the green light from Apple and it shouldn't be much longer now, will be expecting to announce an official release date within the next week, and yes it will be released world-wide Thank you all for your patience! In the meantime, check out another one of the screenshots we've uploaded, hope you like it

•
•

By Anomaly Studios

The Long Siege, coming soon to iOS / Android. Find us on:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Last edited by thelongsiege; 07-20-2015 at 11:31 AM.
06-03-2015, 07:37 PM
The art reminds me of Alto's Adventure.

06-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Game looks great will be waiting for is release!
06-03-2015, 08:09 PM
Very lovely artwork and intriguing. Please make my day by telling me this is not freemium and also Universal.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
06-04-2015, 06:52 AM
Form the press kit on the game's website: $1.99 and no IAP. Hooray!

06-04-2015, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
Form the press kit on the game's website: $1.99 and no IAP. Hooray!
Hi slewis7, sorry I didn't get to personally make your day! But you are right, it's a one-time purchase with no ads or IAP, and it is Universal
06-04-2015, 07:19 AM
The pics look great. Glad to see that it will be premium. Most match games these days are not....
Good luck to you
06-04-2015, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan0711 View Post
Game looks great will be waiting for is release!
Thanks Stephan0711 it will definitely be released soon, we will keep you guys posted!
06-04-2015, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelongsiege View Post
Hi slewis7, sorry I didn't get to personally make your day! But you are right, it's a one-time purchase with no ads or IAP, and it is Universal
I am guessing your game will make my day when it is released. I am looking forward to it!

06-04-2015, 09:55 AM
I'm already enamored with the artwork. Happy to hear it will be a premium game also. I'll definitely be looking out for this. Best of luck on your game's release!