★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Hoodee Hero (by Thang Le)

06-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to fourtee
Hoodee Hero (by Thang Le)

Hoodee Hero

Thang Le
Genres: Games Action Puzzle
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Warning: Addicting game ahead!!!

As a hoodie guy, you fight against robots to prevent them from invading the Earth.
You have to swipe up, down, left or right in specific order to match arrows in falling boards.

You gain 1 point for each board you destroy. In case you miss, it costs 1 live for each board reaches the bottom line.
You have 3 lives, do your best to score as much as you can to teach those invader a lesson!

P/S: Collected coins during the battle can be used to unlock awesome characters.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPhone5c

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 31.9MB

06-04-2015, 03:32 PM
Accidentally post

I apologize for accidentally posting this thread, please delete it. Thank you very much.

06-04-2015, 03:50 PM
Woah, this looks good. I always have a soft spot for combat arcade titles, and this looks like it belongs there.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-05-2015, 12:28 AM
Ahahaa... This game's pretty fun. Unfortunately i wish there were more opponent.

The visuals are fantastic. Anyone who likes pixels will love what the dev has done here.

The gameplay is similar to typing tutor where instead of words drop down and you type them correctly to pop them out, in Hoodee Hero there are swipe sequences you need to follow to eliminate them. The controls are really responsive from what i've played. Everytime you complete a sequence, you pop the dropping blocks and your hero attacks the enemy. For each block that drops to the line below, the hero takes damages. Take 3 and it's game over.

There are costumes available for the hero, and they can ALL be unlocked with $0.99, or you can use ingame earned coins to unlock them.

The downside is that the hero never wins a fight. I wish that the enemy could be defeated and another random monster appears. Maybe every 10 blocks popped will eliminate the enemy. I think this is a huge downside, coz right now this feels like hitting a punching bag, and it's game over when you run out of gas.
06-05-2015, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Ahahaa... This game's pretty fun. Unfortunately i wish there were more opponent.

The visuals are fantastic. Anyone who likes pixels will love what the dev has done here.

The gameplay is similar to typing tutor where instead of words drop down and you type them correctly to pop them out, in Hoodee Hero there are swipe sequences you need to follow to eliminate them. The controls are really responsive from what i've played. Everytime you complete a sequence, you pop the dropping blocks and your hero attacks the enemy. For each block that drops to the line below, the hero takes damages. Take 3 and it's game over.

There are costumes available for the hero, and they can ALL be unlocked with $0.99, or you can use ingame earned coins to unlock them.

The downside is that the hero never wins a fight. I wish that the enemy could be defeated and another random monster appears. Maybe every 10 blocks popped will eliminate the enemy. I think this is a huge downside, coz right now this feels like hitting a punching bag, and it's game over when you run out of gas.
Thank you for your short review. I really appreciated.
At this version, you will face a new enemy every 100 blocks destroyed. Maybe 100 is a bit too much.
I will notice this in the next update. Thanks for your feedback .
06-05-2015, 07:19 AM
Trailer/Gameplay video

And here is the trailer/gameplay video:

06-05-2015, 07:27 AM
this game have a thread here http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ht=Hoodee+Hero
Video Gameplay

Last edited by binlabu; 06-05-2015 at 07:29 AM.
06-06-2015, 12:34 PM
Yes, my bad. I did'nt know there's already a thread about it. I asked admins to delete this thread but it seems still there.