★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Broken Space - 3D Block Breaking Space Adventure

06-09-2015, 01:21 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Broken Space - 3D Block Breaking Space Adventure

Hi everyone,

My name's Jazon, of the one man game studio Spiffyware, and I'm happy to announce my upcoming game called Broken Space. Here's the teaser trailer I put together:

What I wanted to do was merge fun and simple block breaking gameplay with impressive visuals, an interesting story, and a way to upgrade your ship throughout the game, all while trying to keep the gameplay as quick and intense as possible.

At the start of the game you find out you've become stranded on the other side of the Universe. You'll play a few quick and simple levels, then be introduced to how to charge missiles, which I think provides a very fun gameplay mechanic of balancing timing of missile shots while keeping up with the ball, and keeps it interesting even if you're just trying to take out the last couple blocks.

As the levels get more difficult you'll discover new types of blocks and also find that blocks move above and below the field, making timing weapon shots all the more critical. You'll also be able to unlock new weapons, some of which work better for some types of levels.

There's also some pretty awesome boss fights and a galaxy map of different paths to explore, each with varying difficulty, which I'm hoping will make the game feel uniquely non-linear for a block breaker.

There's also some fantastic original music composition being done by Andrea Baroni, you can hear a sample of that in the trailer.

I'm planning to start some TestFlight beta testing within a couple weeks, after I integrate a bunch of great feedback I've been getting at WWDC, so if you're interested in that, please let me know and I'll let you know when that's ready.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brokenspacegame

Last edited by Jazon; 06-10-2015 at 08:00 PM.
06-09-2015, 01:42 PM
Uuuuuu... Fancy!

Looking forward to it.