★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Named one of the Top 30 Solitaire Board Games by Box of Delights!

Voted one of the 2013 Best Thematic Solitaire Games for the Spare Time Challenged on BoardGameGeek!

James Franklin Patient Zero collapses after stepping off a plane from the Congo at JFK International Airport. He is rushed to Forest Hills Hospital where he is placed in an isolation ward. It is quickly discovered he has Morbusian, a constantly mutating virus that is resistant to all known antivirals. The survival of humanity itself is at stake!

In Infection: Humanity's Last Gasp you are the director of the Department of Plague Control (DPC) field office in New York City. You make the decisions about what parts of the virus to study, which personnel to hire, and what equipment to purchase. You'll soon discover you are working with an eccentric group of scientists who don't always work well together and one very resourceful lab rat named Marvin. As the casualties increase, so does the stress and mistakes made, as you try to complete your vaccine before time runs out for all of mankind!

This strategy game uses simple mechanics in a multitude of combinations to create engaging, deep gameplay as you try to eliminate an evolving virus that could spell the end of the human race. While random events from the Status Reports might throw a wrench in your plans (or occasionally help you out), you'll use the Lab Personnel and Equipment you've hired to piece together randomly generated proteins into the different parts of a vaccine, all while managing dwindling funding resources as the Death Toll Track climbs. Each time that your Containment fails you come one step closer to losing this battle, so make sure that you push everyone to their limits before the infection reaches critical levels.

The game features 14 challenging viruses to cure as well as a custom game mode to play with optional game rules.

Find us on Facebook facebook.com/HexWar
Follow us on Twitter - @HexWarGames
Game Forum - hexwar.com/forums

Thank you for supporting our games!

Note: Minimum requirements are iPhone 4S or iPad 2 onwards.
06-10-2015, 05:32 AM
Could be good! Haven't heard of this before, but quite interested.

06-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Wow, hexwar release an app which isn't the same turn based war model with yet another skin on it!? Who woulda thunk it.

I'm not impressed by this usual fare so Interested to hear opinions if anyone takes the plunge
06-10-2015, 12:50 PM
For those unfamiliar, this is a digital adaptation of a board game. Check out boardgamegeek if you want info on the game mechanics. I'll be buying this tonight upon release, I love a good board game(hopefully the Sacred Pool arrives soon for Talisman).

Edit: Solo only board game

Last edited by ojtitus; 06-10-2015 at 12:54 PM.
06-10-2015, 04:34 PM
Trailer Video

Found the trailer.
https://youtu.be/wGQrP_GGxls
06-10-2015, 04:50 PM
I have played the board game, which is actually sort of obscure even as hobbyist games go, and it is quite good. The game is designed as a solo game which I love because it means there is no AI design to worry about. I find that with board games the AI is often a disappointment for experts in that particular game. This game is a bit of a puzzler with a dice mechanic that is used to advance the threat, build tension, and move the game to the end. The good thing is that it can be mitigated for the most part using sound strategy. I am not sure how they will work out the difficulty for the iOS app, but the game had a 2 sided board, one side being easy and the other hard. You could also further tweak it out by making changes at the setup. I do hope they also include the setup changes as an option for those looking for an extreme challenge.
06-10-2015, 10:34 PM
Trying to buy it, but it tells me "this item is no longer available" when I tap BUY.
06-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Yeah this app store issue has happened the last 3 or 4 weeks running. I only waited it out once and it was 3AM EST before I could buy. If you plan on going to bed it will be available in the morning. Not sure why Apple can't get it together on this.
06-10-2015, 11:53 PM
Same here in Aus, not available.
06-11-2015, 02:14 AM
It is now available, I just nabbed it. Suspiciously or maybe not, it went live along with a few others I was waiting for right at 3AM EST, or 12AM in Cupertino. It is possible that Apple is delaying releases now until 12AM local time? A few weeks ago I was also up at this time and the games I was tracking went live around 3AM. Anyway, now I won't have time to dive in until tomorrow but I will post impressions when I do.