★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: ParkingLot

12-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
ParkingLot

I don't know if a thread like this has been made before, but anyway, I found a great game, called ParkingLot for the official app store. The same game was out for Installer/Cydia before the App Store was around, and I like the game. Its been out for a while, and I was wondering what you all thought about it..
12-20-2008, 10:00 PM
One of my more disappointing purchases

I was very, very disappointed by this game.

I really like Blocked, Square Master and Kitten Escape so I thought I would like this game as well. After all it is another game from the "daughter in a box" genre. And it has lots and lots of reviews in iTunes giving it 5 stars.

Yes it looks fantastic. With fancy cars instead of plain old blocks, car related sound effects, a fancy dashboard instead of plain menu buttons, etc. Complete with the promise of lots and lots of levels.

Unfortunately I found it to be all fluff and no substance. Even the most difficult puzzles were too easy. If you pardon the pun I'll say that "this puzzles me". I've completed Blocked and in no way found it really easy. I am no way near completing a puzzle in every level of Square Master and I got stuck on the third puzzle in Kitten Escape.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I can see from the iTunes reviews that you are definately not alone. However for me this was a disappointing purchase.
12-20-2008, 10:52 PM
I think there was a thread about the 3 different "traffic jam" games a while back.

Anyway, I liked Blocked a lot more than this. Blocked had so much style and looked a lot better to me, and I believe the puzzles in Blocked were harder and lasted me longer than parking lot. Just my 2 cents though
12-20-2008, 10:54 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_mani View Post
I was very, very disappointed by this game.

I really like Blocked, Square Master and Kitten Escape so I thought I would like this game as well. After all it is another game from the "daughter in a box" genre. And it has lots and lots of reviews in iTunes giving it 5 stars.

Yes it looks fantastic. With fancy cars instead of plain old blocks, car related sound effects, a fancy dashboard instead of plain menu buttons, etc. Complete with the promise of lots and lots of levels.

Unfortunately I found it to be all fluff and no substance. Even the most difficult puzzles were too easy. If you pardon the pun I'll say that "this puzzles me". I've completed Blocked and in no way found it really easy. I am no way near completing a puzzle in every level of Square Master and I got stuck on the third puzzle in Kitten Escape.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I can see from the iTunes reviews that you are definately not alone. However for me this was a disappointing purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
I think there was a thread about the 3 different "traffic jam" games a while back.

Anyway, I liked Blocked a lot more than this. Blocked had so much style and looked a lot better to me, and I believe the puzzles in Blocked were harder and lasted me longer than parking lot. Just my 2 cents though
Upon playing quite a bit, I find about a total of 20 levels that are even worth my time. The JB version was much better. Blocked is great, and I haven't seen Square master or Kitten Escape. 2 more to look into. Links??
12-20-2008, 11:10 PM