★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: App Store on phone doesn't "know" apps are installed...

09-13-2008, 10:14 AM
App Store on phone doesn't "know" apps are installed...

I noticed yesterday that the app store on the iphone itself doesn't know that my apps are installed. If i go to any of my installed apps in the apps store on the phone it shows the price instead of showing "installed".

I'm not sure if this happened after a restore 2 days ago or after installing firmware 2.1.

I uninstalled one app on the phone and then reinstalled it using the app store on the phone and then for that app the store showed that it is installed.

Becasue the app store doesn't know that my apps are installed i assume that it won't show when updates are available.

Is there a way to not have to uninstall and then reinstall all of my apps to get the app store to know that they are installed. I don't want to lose save games?

Anyone else have this issue or have thoughs on it.

09-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Are you referring to the fact it won't show "installed" when you're scrolling down the list or when you actually 'click' on your app and it still shows the price when you're in the description screen?
I just checked and it still works on my Touch (2.1 fw). It shows "installed" only when I'm in the actual app description, not the listing with all the other apps as that always shows the price...
09-13-2008, 01:56 PM
It's possible that you have a previous version of the app you are looking at and you need to update it...just saying. I think that's what the deal was for me. NOTE: for me when that was the case, it did not show that I needed an update for an application on my iPhone.
09-13-2008, 03:33 PM
I experimented by deleting a game off my phone and then syncing it back. Then the app store sees it.

I guess during my restore or firmware update whatever list the phone stores of my apps wasn't updated correctly.