★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Final Fantasy VII coming to IOS!!!!

06-16-2015, 04:00 PM
Final Fantasy VII coming to IOS!!!!

I can't believe a thread for this doesn't already exist, nonetheless, I am totally excited to hear this news.

There have been many top quality releases on IOS over the years but this eclipses all others in my opinion.

What do the rest of you think of this release? Any speculation as to how soon we will see it as it could be anytime before the end of summer.
06-16-2015, 05:55 PM
No comments whatsoever? I thought this type of thread would explode....odd.

06-16-2015, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiza616 View Post
No comments whatsoever? I thought this type of thread would explode....odd.
I am looking forward to the console remake. With the graphics available today the story should really come alive.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
06-16-2015, 06:15 PM
Awesome. I've never played it and was thinking of emulating it but I might just hold off now.
06-16-2015, 06:18 PM
This will probably be better than the emulated version....besides you won't have to go through the trouble of jailbreaking.
06-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiza616 View Post
This will probably be better than the emulated version....besides you won't have to go through the trouble of jailbreaking.
Yeah I've got the PS1 discs and I think I also bought on PSN so I don't feel bad about emulating it. But honestly it's cumbersome to play on an emulator. I'm super excited to give them money for it... Again! Can't wait for it's release now.
06-16-2015, 06:41 PM
How soon into the summer do you guys think it will come out? Hopefully sooner rather than later.
06-16-2015, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I am looking forward to the console remake. With the graphics available today the story should really come alive.
Oddly, I'm kind of worried about the remake. Realistic graphics and professional voice acting mixed with the charming goofiness that characterizes FF7 might be a bit too much. Also, I don't entirely trust Nomura to not mess with it. If I even get a whiff of Genesis in there...
06-16-2015, 09:57 PM
Same. Im worried about how the remake would stand up to the original.

Im glad we might be getting the original ported over to iOS instead of the remake. But i'll probably buy a PS4 for the remake still.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-16-2015, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Musgrave View Post
Oddly, I'm kind of worried about the remake. Realistic graphics and professional voice acting mixed with the charming goofiness that characterizes FF7 might be a bit too much. Also, I don't entirely trust Nomura to not mess with it. If I even get a whiff of Genesis in there...
Genesis, Zack, Angeal... If they get cameos onto the remke that'd be friggin great! Especially if they come with sub quests or something

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword